How to Do Sales Prospecting the Right Way
Whether you’re a beginner starting out or an expert hoping to level up, you’ll want this primer on sales prospecting.
How can I approach this new sales prospect?
Learn how Sales Cloud makes it easy to connect with prospects and grow.
How do I qualify a sales prospect?
Qualifying a prospect is an important piece of the puzzle, but don’t mistake “qualifying” for “deciding whether someone is important.” Everyone you talk to is important — because if they’re not the right person to talk to, then they can point you to the person who is.
Here are questions to help you qualify whether a prospect is a good fit:
Is this the right person?
- Does the prospect match your ideal customer profile?
- Are they already interested in your product?
- Can they influence the deal, or even decide to buy it?
Is this the right company?
- Is it in your territory?
- Is the industry a good fit?
- What’s the size of their organisation? (Don’t just think of how many employees they have. If you’re selling a subscription or usage-based service, then also think about the size of their consumption.)
Is this the right project?
- Is the department funded to pay your price?
- Will the project be a priority this year for the company?
- Will the team be using the product for the right use case — in a way that will create an impact?