Today at World Tour Atlanta, Aaron’s, a leading, Atlanta-based lease-to-own furniture, electronics, appliances, and home goods retailer, announced it is using Salesforce to boost its ecommerce business and email marketing strategy to help provide a better experience for its customers.
What’s the impact: Since deploying Marketing Cloud Engagement in 2020, which combines marketing channels with campaign management to engage customers throughout their journey, Aaron’s email marketing list has nearly tripled its active subscribers. And, using the tool, Aaron’s has increased its email conversion rate by 53%.
A deeper look: The company is using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Data Cloud, and Commerce Cloud to increase web traffic, orders, and conversion rates by delivering more engaging, relevant, and personalized content. With Salesforce, Aaron’s is:
- Delivering tailored experiences: With Marketing Cloud, Aaron’s can deliver exclusive offers and messages to customers across channels using real-time data. In total, Aaron’s has created over 630 data extensions, 260 automations, and 65 transactional journeys on Salesforce, providing a personalized experience for each customer.
- Boosting engagement: Data Cloud — Salesforce’s real-time hyperscale data engine – connects Aaron’s data from its in-store sales, ecommerce business, email marketing, and beyond to create a unified view of customers across all of its brands and improve customer engagement.
- Driving growth: Commerce Cloud powers Aaron’s customer-centric ecommerce business and has helped the company reach new clients and increase revenue by over $200 million.
The Aaron’s perspective: “While we continue to build our digital business, our primary focus has always been on our customers. Salesforce provides us with a deep understanding of each customer’s journey so we can build trusted relationships at scale by delivering the right message, at the right time, in the right place.” – Hody Crouch, Vice President, Data & Analytics
Today, digital-first customers expect companies to know what they want and provide relevant experiences at every touchpointBobby Jania, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
The Salesforce perspective: “Today, digital-first customers expect companies to know what they want and provide relevant experiences at every touchpoint. Aaron’s is delivering on those expectations by using data in a way that fosters trust, understanding, and elevates the entire customer experience.” – Bobby Jania, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Fast facts: Through an initiative known as Aaron’s Gives, the company donates time, money, and other resources to strengthen the communities in which they operate, including its hometown of Atlanta.
- Aaron’s has donated $10 million to the Boys & Girls Club of America since 2015 and delivered more than 50 teen center “refreshes” to ensure youth have a safe and fun place to hang out after school.
- Aaron’s provides furniture for Habitat for Humanity homes as part of Warrick Dunn Charities “Homes for the Holidays” program, which celebrates single parents who are actively working to achieve first-time homeownership.
- The company also partners with the American Red Cross to help prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies and natural disasters. Most recently, Aaron’s made a charitable donation to help the victims of Hurricane Ida.