How Automation Helped an Integrated Health Care Company Save over 5,000 Hours and $439,000
Adobe Population Health, an innovative care management company, turned to automation to modernize patient billing, care data, and health insurance validation. With MuleSoft technology, workflows, tasks, and processes are now automated, saving the company more than 5,000 work hours annually and over $439,000 in total labor and efficiency value and cost avoidance.
Why it’s important: Most (79%) healthcare and life sciences workers say automation is important to their organization’s future. However, only 12% of healthcare and life sciences organizations have fully realized their digital transformation goals.
Adobe Population Health, which is projecting a 5x increase in patient volume in the coming years, uses external payment portals. In the past, these required costly, manual data entry procedures that introduced data integrity risk.
- Adobe Population Health nurses also had to access different portals, systems, and applications to find, enter, and validate patient records, which was time consuming and involved manual tasks.
- The company needed a solution to integrate multiple payment applications and automate workflows to intake patient information and validate insurance more efficiently.
The Salesforce solution: Now, using RPA, Composer, and Flow, Adobe Population Health has improved data interoperability between electronic medical records and the systems used for patient care and billing. This has also saved time for nurses to focus on providing personalized care, putting patients at the center of their care journey.
- Time: By automating human tasks and processes with MuleSoft, Adobe Population Health saved more than 5,000 hours of work annually.
- Value: Adobe Population Health expects to achieve more than $439,000 in total labor efficiency value and cost avoidance.
The customer perspective: “Integrating our billing systems and unleashing the power of automation helped us simplify our operations and increase efficiency of care. Nurses now spend less time on manual administrative tasks and can focus on providing the high quality care patients expect.” — Alex Waddell, Chief Information Officer, Adobe Population Health
Integrating our billing systems and unleashing the power of automation helped us simplify our operations and increase efficiency of care. Nurses now spend less time on manual administrative tasks and can focus on providing the high quality care patients expect.Alex Waddell, Chief Information Officer, Adobe Population Health
Fast fact: Salesforce partners, like Studio Science, work with customers to create new, digital-first experiences with Salesforce. Adobe Population Health brought in Studio Science to help identify digital pain points in its customer experience, and implement RPA, Composer and Flow to address those by improving patient billing, care data, and health insurance validation processes.
- Learn more about MuleSoft
- Hear more from Adobe Population Health’s CIO in this Wall Street Journal article
- Discover more Salesforce customer news