Editor’s Note: AI Cloud, Einstein GPT, and other cloud GPT products are now Einstein. For the latest on Salesforce Einstein, go here.
Salesforce today announced Salesforce Accelerator – AI for Impact, a philanthropic initiative to help purpose-driven organizations gain equitable access to trusted generative AI technologies.
Significance: Generative AI is reshaping our world, demanding trust and equity at its core. Business can play a critical role to harness its power responsibly and equitably — championing a future where everyone stands to benefit from this transformative technology.
Go deeper: According to Salesforce research, nonprofits recognize the importance of technology to succeed and meet their goals, but many lack the resources to fully understand, adopt, and invest in emerging technologies like generative AI.
Salesforce Accelerator – AI for Impact aims to close the AI access gap by providing flexible funding, pro-bono expertise, and technology to purpose-driven organizations, empowering them to accelerate generative AI-based solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
- The accelerator will grant $2 million to a cohort of education, workforce, and climate organizations to advance the equitable and ethical use of trusted AI.
- In addition, Salesforce will host innovation sessions with grantees and partners to understand opportunities and risks around AI, and identify solutions that support their communities.
- The AI for Impact Accelerator is the second accelerator Salesforce has launched. It builds on a body of programming focused on sourcing innovative ideas and providing organizations with critical funding and support, covering topics like nature, climate justice, and equity in education.
- Anyone, including nonprofits, can skill up on generative AI to further their career using Salesforce’s free online learning platform Trailhead. The platform offers learning content on the fundamentals of AI, data analytics, how to create ethical AI systems, and more.
This AI accelerator brings the full power of Salesforce with unrestricted grants, pro-bono expertise, and our technology to create a more equitable AI world.Becky Ferguson, CEO of the Salesforce Foundation and SVP of Philanthropy at Salesforce
Salesforce perspective: “Generative AI presents a massive and exciting opportunity for purpose-driven organizations to better serve and meaningfully engage with their communities. In this time of rapid innovation, we need to ensure no one gets left behind. This AI accelerator brings the full power of Salesforce with unrestricted grants, pro-bono expertise, and our technology to create a more equitable AI world.” – Becky Ferguson, CEO of the Salesforce Foundation and SVP of Philanthropy at Salesforce
- Nearly three quarters (74%) of nonprofit leaders report digital transformation is a “need-to-have” or “must-have.”
- Digitally mature nonprofits outperform their peers 1.9x more (93% vs. 50%), with experienced improvements in organizational efficiency or mission impact.
- New Salesforce research reveals that 61% of employees say they embrace generative AI, but lack trusted data and ethical guardrails to use it.