Salesforce partners with its LGBTQ+ community to provide transgender and non-binary employees with financial and emotional support including paid-leave, wardrobe, and legal fee reimbursements
At Salesforce, Equality is a core value which means we are intentional about taking the time to recognize, honor, and address our communities still fighting for equality today. This week is Transgender Awareness Week, an important time to elevate the transgender community and the very real challenges they face today, while also taking action.
Around the world, transgender people face systemic barriers and inequality — including access to healthcare. At Salesforce we want to do our part to remove as many barriers as possible to ensure our transgender and non-binary employees can get the care they need and live as their true, authentic selves.
Today, we are proud to announce new global Gender Inclusive Benefits to provide transgender and non-binary employees with the critical financial and emotional support they deserve.
After listening deeply to our LGBTQ+ community and consulting with Outforce, we went to work on a set of safe and accessible new benefits to support the unique needs of our global transgender and non-binary community. These new benefits will build on medical coverage and other resources we currently provide in the United States, deepening and extending support to all global employees, including:
- Gender Affirmation Medical Reimbursement: We are now extending our reimbursement globally — providing financial support to employees going through gender affirmation medical procedures and treatments. This includes comprehensive coverage for surgeries, prescription drugs, hormonal therapy, hair transplant and removal, and more.
- Gender Affirmation Leave: We’re providing four weeks of paid leave for employees to take the time they need to recover after gender affirmation procedures.
- Wardrobe Reimbursement: We will provide up to $500 for employees who are affirming their gender to help them look and feel their best.
- Legal Fee Reimbursement: We’ll provide up to $1,000 to help employees navigate the legal hurdles of legally confirming their gender and updating government-issued IDs.
- Counseling Services: We’ll support transgender and non-binary employees and their loved ones with mental health services and counseling along each step of their journey.
- Warmline Support: We’re scaling Warmline, an employee advocacy program, to provide LGBTQ+ employees with a safe space for confidential conversations with advocates focused on belonging, equity, and career navigation.
At Salesforce, we believe everyone deserves to be who they are — and that doing so makes each of us the happiest and healthiest version of ourselves. We’re working hard to build a culture that makes everyone feel safe, valued, seen, and heard and believe these new benefits are an important step on that journey.
These Gender Inclusive Benefits are now available to all Salesforce employees. Previously, gender affirmation coverage and leave were only offered to U.S. employees. Learn more about Salesforce’s commitment to equality and how we’re implementing LGBTQ+ inclusive policies, practices, and benefits to support our communities.