Today, Salesforce announced new innovations for MuleSoft’s Anypoint API Experience Hub. Part of MuleSoft’s universal API management platform, Anypoint API Experience Hub lets companies build personalized API portals in minutes using out-of-the-box templates to simplify access to APIs and increase their usage and adoption.
Why it’s relevant: Today, 72% of customer interactions are digital, and APIs are key to delivering those digital experiences by integrating data and applications across the business. To get maximum value from APIs, companies need to make them easily accessible — to increase adoption while ensuring quality, governance, and security standards on every API consumed.
Innovation in action: MuleSoft provides a market-leading platform that enables companies to create a consolidated source of truth and a digital storefront for all of their enterprise APIs. With API Experience Hub, API product managers and developers can:
- Create and share simple API portals using pre-built templates.
- Create branded API portals using advanced portal builder capabilities powered by Salesforce Experience Cloud.
- Grow API adoption across internal and partner communities with self-service API consumption.
- Document, govern, and publish any API in the enterprise built across any gateway or environment.
- Access insights into API usage, quality, and compliance with contextual analytics.
For example, a financial services company shares its published APIs so the banks in its network can self-serve and access those APIs for general information and delivery of digital services. Anypoint API Experience Hub removes the need for custom coding, helping the banks’ IT teams quickly build a rich, custom site to share the APIs, in just a few clicks.
Salesforce perspective: “Our vision for API management on Anypoint Platform is universal, making it easy and flexible for IT teams to have full life cycle management of any API. The Anypoint API Experience Hub enables enterprises to take that a step further by helping them quickly create engaging API portal experiences using pre-built templates for both internal and external consumption.” – Gerry Egan, VP, Product Management
The Anypoint API Experience Hub enables enterprises to take that a step further by helping them quickly create engaging API portal experiences using pre-built templates for both internal and external consumption.Gerry Egan, VP, Product Management
Reaction to the news: “The Anypoint API Experience Hub makes setup, design, and deployment of API developer portals easy. This allows us to build faster API portals to increase API engagements.” – Michael Mantle, IT Integration Manager, Emerson
- API Experience Hub builds on the latest innovations in universal API management products, including end-to-end API governance using Anypoint API Governance and Anypoint API Manager, to extend governance from API design to API instance.
- Nearly all (99%) enterprise organizations use some type of API. On average, API projects currently generate 38% of an organization’s revenue — up from 35% in 2022.
- Anypoint API Experience Hub will be available in June 2023.