Today, Salesforce and Foresight Group (“Foresight”) announced that the sustainability-led alternative asset and private equity investment manager will use Net Zero Cloud to gain comprehensive insights into its global corporate and private equity portfolio’s emissions and from its wider environmental, social and governance sustainability data.
Foresight engaged Salesforce via a collaboration with PwC, a global Salesforce consulting partner, to lead the Net Zero Cloud implementation and help Foresight gain visibility into their sustainability goals.
Significance: Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which account for 99% of UK businesses, often do not have the resources to effectively measure their emissions and greater sustainability impact.
Go deeper: By using Salesforce Net Zero Cloud, Foresight will gain access to AI and data-driven insights that enhance the firm’s reporting across its global corporate business as well as its private equity portfolio of over 200 SMEs.
- Once fully implemented at the corporate level by PwC, Foresight will deploy Net Zero Cloud to SMEs in its portfolio to help them improve data quality, increase accountability, facilitate meaningful target-setting, and ultimately, make reporting accessible to a previously underserved market.
- This will also play a crucial role in helping organizations navigate the complex process of reporting on Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions, while also preparing for upcoming Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) disclosures and regulation.
- “We put transformational digital solutions into the hands of our customers, providing a comprehensive view of their carbon footprint and sustainability metrics so they can take meaningful action. Foresight’s leadership as the first private equity firm to leverage Net Zero Cloud for their portfolio’s sustainability goals is truly inspiring. This collaboration with Foresight Group, PwC, and Salesforce lays a strong foundation for game-changing sustainability leadership across Foresight’s portfolio of companies.” – Ari Alexander, VP and GM of Salesforce Net Zero Cloud
We put transformational digital solutions into the hands of our customers, providing a comprehensive view of their carbon footprint and sustainability metrics so they can take meaningful action.Ari Alexander, VP and GM of Salesforce Net Zero Cloud
- “We are delighted to be partnering with Salesforce and PwC on the delivery of the Net Zero Cloud platform. Net Zero Cloud will enhance Foresight’s ability at a corporate level to engage with our sustainability data for continuous improvement. This solution will also enable SMEs to effectively measure their environmental impact and take a proactive approach to addressing their emissions. Net Zero Cloud aligns perfectly with our ambition to continue leading the way in delivering solutions at the cutting edge of responsible stewardship.” – Lily Billings, Head of Sustainability at Foresight
- “Responding to ESG challenges has become non-negotiable and for key issues such as net zero, we’re reaching a tipping point. Working with Foresight to develop and implement the first Net Zero Cloud tailored for private equity managers and their investments is a real game changer. The private equity sector has a huge role to play in supporting innovation and assisting a wide range of organizations to reach net zero. Salesforce Net Zero Cloud is a platform that allows users to move from ambition to action and bring their overall sustainability vision to life.” – Fiona Lehane, Partner, ESG Transformation, PwC UK
Fast facts: Foresight is at the forefront of corporate sustainability efforts, with robust initiatives and commitments to drive positive environmental impact. These efforts include:
- Renewable energy investments: Supporting wind, solar, and hydroelectric power projects, contributing to the global transition towards a low-carbon future.
- Sustainable investment strategies: Integrating sustainability considerations into investment decisions, ensuring alignment with sustainable development goals.
- Responsible investment practices: Assessing environmental and social risks, engaging with investee companies, promoting transparency and accountability within its investments.
- Collaboration and partnerships: Working with industry stakeholders, investors, and organizations to drive sustainability initiatives forward.