Salesforce, the #1 AI CRM, today announced that Gartner Inc. has once again named MuleSoft a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for API Management. This year’s placement marks the eighth consecutive year MuleSoft has been recognized as a Leader.
Why it’s important: According to Gartner, API management technologies and practices are critically important for organizations to accelerate growth, improve connectivity, and drive and scale digitalization efforts1.
Innovation in action: MuleSoft addresses API sprawl with API Management on Anypoint Platform, a collection of full lifecycle API management capabilities to build, discover, govern, and manage any API built and deployed anywhere. The tool:
- Helps IT teams speed up application and automation delivery, gain consistent security and quality of their APIs, modernize their architecture, and create vibrant API ecosystems.
- Empowers developers to leverage composability and re-use any API built across any environment. They can adapt any architectural pattern to manage APIs anywhere they reside — on-premise, hybrid, or in the cloud.
MuleSoft also helps customers achieve their digitalization efforts with:
- Anypoint API Experience Hub, which empowers users to build, grow, and engage ecosystems for their APIs within minutes with easy-to-use templates to productize, publish, and govern APIs built across any technology or platform.
- Anypoint API Governance, which provides end-to-end API governance support from design to implementation. This ensures all enterprise APIs comply with industry regulations and internal policies without adding more steps to development.
- Anypoint Flex Gateway, which manages and secures any API while delivering the performance required for the most demanding applications and providing enterprise security and manageability across any environment.
The Salesforce perspective: “Businesses use MuleSoft because our powerful platform helps them accelerate project delivery with enterprise-level security and comprehensive governance. We continue to advance our vision to make API Management universal and through it bring our customers the benefits of greater visibility, consistent governance, flexible control, and improved engagement across all their API initiatives.” – Param Kahlon, EVP, Automation and Integration, Salesforce
We continue to advance our vision to make API Management universal and through it bring our customers the benefits of greater visibility, consistent governance, flexible control, and improved engagement across all their API initiatives.Param Kahlon, EVP, Automation and Integration, Salesforce
- MuleSoft was recognized as a Leader in this Magic Quadrant report based on its Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
- MuleSoft’s latest Universal API management innovations were unveiled at Dreamforce ‘23 with the launch of end-to-end API governance (now generally available) and new policy enhancement for Flex Gateway (generally available in the first quarter of 2024).
The customer perspective: “This is the age of the customer and the most relevant way to keep up with their continued demand for better experiences is through APIs. MuleSoft provides a unified platform to help us create and manage APIs to deliver a connected experience.” – Makhosi Modise, Head of Centre for Enablement & API Marketplace, Standard Bank
- View a complimentary copy of the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for API Management
- Learn more about MuleSoft Anypoint Platform here and Universal API Management here
Any unreleased services or features referenced here are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Gartner Citations and Disclaimer
1Gartner, Market Share Analysis: Full Life Cycle API Management, Worldwide, 2022, Nicholas Carter, Fabrizio Biscotti, Varsha Mehta, July 26, 2023
Gartner, Magic Quadrant™ for API Management, Shameen Pillai, Paul Dumas, John Santoro, Mark O’Neill, Nicholas Carter, Andrew Humphreys, 11 October 2023
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and MAGIC QUADRANT is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.