Salesforce, the #1 AI CRM, today announced it has been named a Leader by Gartner Inc. in its Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce. It is the eighth consecutive year that Salesforce has been recognized.
Why it’s important: According to Gartner, the digital commerce platform market’s revenue grew by a record 11.2% in 2022 and is still increasing today.
- Commerce Cloud empowers companies around the world to grow their online presence and maximize revenue opportunities through digital storefronts.
- The secure, scalable, and flexible commerce platform helps organizations in every industry design personalized experiences around their customers across every digital channel.
The Salesforce perspective: “Businesses grow on Commerce Cloud because it is built for scale and delivers the agility and innovation customers need to build highly personalized customer experiences,” said Michael Affronti, General Manager of Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
And now, with new AI capabilities embedded across every customer touchpoint, unified data from Data Cloud, integrated CRM on Customer 360, and one of the most robust partner ecosystems in the world, Commerce Cloud can help companies deliver even more exceptional customer experiences while growing revenue.Michael Affronti, General Manager of Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Salesforce was recognized as a Leader in this Magic Quadrant report based on its “Completeness of Vision” and “Ability to Execute,” and positioned furthest on the Completeness of Vision axis among all other competitors evaluated.
- In the last year, Commerce Cloud unveiled Hybrid Storefronts for phased headless rollouts, Page Designer for composable storefronts, Pay Now, Reorder Portal, Order Support, and Data Cloud for Commerce Cloud.
The customer perspective: Commerce Cloud was also recognized earlier this year as a 2023 Gartner® Peer Insights™ Customers’ Choice for Digital Commerce – “a recognition of vendors in this market by verified end-user professionals,” according to Gartner. Customers in the report noted:
- “Salesforce Commerce Cloud provides the ability to design, build, and launch ecommerce shopping sites at great speed. The approach taken by Salesforce is a smart, agile, driven one, and we start the design process with technical and functional solution design documents, which then drives the development work. The business manager tooling provided is a one-stop place for merchandisers, marketers, and admins to configure and customize the site per their needs” — Senior Program Manager, Manufacturing
- “Salesforce Commerce Cloud provides all the necessary tools to build and release an ecommerce site within a short time frame. Merchandising and marketing teams can use the product capabilities to boost their sales and increase customer conversion rate. Out-of-box product comes with all necessary catalog, SEO, Search, reporting, analytics, marketing, promotion, and much more. They have partner cartridges available for payment, shipping, and taxation integrations.” — Senior Solution Architect, IT Services
- “The best commerce tool out there. I’m a fan of their customer relationship module. It’s so easy to manage customers and partnerships when using Salesforce.” — Senior Analyst, Banking
- View a complimentary copy of the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce
- Learn more about Salesforce Commerce Cloud here
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner and Magic Quadrant and Peer Insights are a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences with the vendors listed on the platform, should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Appeared as Demandware in 2016 report. Demandware was acquired by Salesforce in 2016.