Marketing Cloud, Trailhead...
- Salesforce Anywhere is a new app to enable more effective collaboration embedded within Salesforce
- The app brings chat, alerts, comments and video directly into the CRM, rather than spread out and lost across text messages and email threads
- Beta signup is available today, and the app will be showcased in the TrailheaDX virtual keynote
When COVID-19 took hold around the world, every business had to fundamentally rethink and retool their operations. Now with our calendars full of virtual meetings, every business needs to enable employees to sell, service, market and collaborate from anywhere. We asked ourselves how we could make teams more productive as they settle into this new normal and suddenly distributed workforce.
We’ve taken learnings from our collaboration tool for documents, Quip — contextual, mobile, consumer-friendly and real-time — and used them to reimagine collaboration within Salesforce. There are all sorts of collaboration tools available, but they pull you away to other windows, and your conversations, ideas and insights can easily get lost. They don’t enable you to collaborate in context, such as inside a record or on a field. That’s why today we’re introducing Salesforce Anywhere, embedding powerful collaboration capabilities directly within Salesforce. Like Salesforce Einstein, Anywhere is deeply integrated and infused across the Customer 360, enabling a level of collaboration never before available.
A new app for embedded collaboration where you work
The Salesforce Anywhere app helps every Salesforce user collaborate with teams, stay productive in their workflow, and keep up to date on their customers from anywhere with chat, alerts, comments and video embedded directly into the Salesforce experience. With Salesforce Anywhere, a sales rep can change a deal status in Salesforce, immediately notifying the rest of her account team, who can then respond in a click to offer her support on next steps. It is simple, fast and seamlessly a part of the team’s workflow within their CRM, whether they’re on desktop or mobile. Everyone stays up to date and keeps business processes inside their CRM.
Salesforce Anywhere helps you:
Stay up to speed from anywhere: Subscribe to real-time alerts based on the accounts, records and opportunities that matter to you, and see them across mobile and desktop. A sales rep no longer has to ping the entire account team with an update; they are notified the moment she updates the status of a deal.
- Collaborate in context: Message and share records, accounts, opportunities or open cases across your team with chat and video. Salesforce will offer a new native real-time chat and video experience integrated into our platform that is powered by Amazon Chime. Zoom will also be offered as an out-of-the-box integration so that organizations can leverage their video conference technology of choice. A sales rep can start a chat while looking at an opportunity page, and in a click pivot to video to continue the conversation in the same space — no screen sharing needed because you can see who is on the page with you. Or, a service manager can share an open case page with the entire team in a few clicks, so everyone can see the issue and sync on next steps.
- Take action in the moment: Use in-line comments to add your feedback to any part of a record that needs discussion and get personalized suggested actions powered by Einstein to update the things you care about quickly. After receiving an alert that a deal amount has changed, a manager can click into the opportunity and understand that the deal amount has increased a few times over the past few weeks. He’ll then see a suggestion to add manager notes to support the team as they work to close this deal — all in context of his workflow and on the same screen.
With the Salesforce Anywhere App, all of your data is in one place — workflows are seamless and data stays in your CRM. And because it’s built on the Salesforce Platform, these features are customizable and governed by Salesforce permissions, so customer data is secure.
Salesforce Anywhere Beta is available in July
You can sign up today for the Salesforce Anywhere Beta program, which will be available for free to use on desktop (Lightning Experience) and Mobile in July. As part of our strategic partnership with Apple, we will release a beta native iOS app, leveraging Apple’s best practices with features including Notifications and Accessibility as Salesforce Anywhere continues to evolve. The beta version will include Chat, Alerts, and Actions, and will be generally available later this year with a host of other features we’re working hard to bring you — including video, user presence which shows real-time activity on a record page, and the ability to connect with customers.
We’ll be showcasing the Salesforce Anywhere App later today at TrailheaDX – our annual developer conference — reimagined this year as a virtual experience that connects makers, builders, doers, and dreamers looking to improve their Salesforce skill set. We hope you can join us live for the keynote at 9am PT to see the app in action.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.