Kurt Geiger, a luxury British shoe and accessory designer with over 70 stores and 530 concessions worldwide, launched new digital distribution channels in the face of COVID-19 disruption with the support of Salesforce’s MuleSoft. Accelerating digital innovation has increased the company’s speed to market and cut maintenance costs.
Why it’s important: When the pandemic forced retailers to shut physical stores, Kurt Geiger was able to adapt quickly, creating a dropship distribution model whereby products could be sold via other retailers’ online stores but delivered efficiently via its own warehouses.
- Complex IT infrastructure was holding the business back. Multiple integration technologies and user-interfaces were time- and cost-intensive, limiting its ability to innovate.
- MuleSoft helped Kurt Geiger streamline and automate its business, empowering developers to deliver faster innovations through reusable API integrations and processes.
Zoom out: Deploying Salesforce technology helped Kurt Geiger:
- Better connect its order management system with partners and cut onboarding time by 63% – from eight months to 12 weeks.
- Unlock new revenue channels with a simpler, consolidated IT stack.
What’s the impact: The efficiencies and innovation that APIs deliver have unlocked multiple longer-term benefits:
- Agile provision of frictionless omnichannel customer experiences.
- Identify and resolve issues faster thanks to real-time API monitoring.
- The ability to flex infrastructure to cope with future peaks in demand.
- Allowing IT teams to focus more on tackling higher-value tasks such as improving customer service management.
What they’re saying: “We are on a digital transformation journey, redefining how and where we distribute our products globally to meet increasing customer expectations,” said Gareth Rees-John, Chief Digital Officer, Kurt Geiger.
We needed a way to simplify multiple integration points with partners into one single, effective platform and Salesforce’s MuleSoft solution was the answer. This easy-to-understand best-in-class technology has set us up strongly for the future.Gareth Rees-John, Chief Digital Officer, Kurt Geiger
What’s next: Buoyed by enhanced efficiencies and customer experiences, Kurt Geiger is looking to rapidly expand its presence in the United States.
More information: Read more Salesforce customer news here.