L’Oréal Gets a Digital Makeover with Salesforce
Serving as the backbone of more than 200 ecommerce sites, Salesforce helps L’Oréal create more personalization, relevance, and satisfaction with its customers amid an ever-evolving and complex consumer journey.
Since its founding in 1909, L’Oréal has been a disruptor, changing consumer perspectives on beauty and rethinking the products we use to feel our best. At the core of that mission is a stalwart commitment to deliver inclusive beauty at scale.
How L’Oréal delivers personalized experiences to customers
In an economic climate where 88% of customers say the experience a company provides is as important as its products or services — the highest it’s ever been — companies like L’Oréal need a technology that will help them reduce complexity with a trusted vendor and drive success now. Salesforce enables L’Oréal to do just that.
Reaching more people, in more places and doing that in a personalized way is massively complex. L’Oréal has more than 35 global brands – including Maybelline New York, YSL Beauté, and La Roche-Posay – and sells over 6 billion products each year.
So, how does the world’s leading cosmetics and beauty brand do it? With Salesforce.
We’ve accumulated a century-long goldmine of data solely about beauty. Our ambition is to transform this treasure into the ultimate consumer beauty experience — while, of course, respecting data privacy.Barbara Lavernos, Deputy CEO, L’Oréal
Salesforce drives success now for L’Oréal
L’Oréal has implemented Commerce Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, and Consumer Goods Cloud to help deliver inclusive beauty at scale:
- Serving as the foundation of L’Oréal’s online shopping experience, Commerce Cloud has helped the brand achieve double-digit increases in average order value from its B2C sites. What’s more, 15-20% of sales for one L’Oréal brand were driven by AI — through Einstein Product Recommendations.
- Despite millions of consumer interactions taking place online, having customer service data dispersed across different systems created a challenge for L’Oréal’s customer service teams. With Service Cloud, L’Oréal has been able to bring these data streams together into one place, increasing customer satisfaction and agent satisfaction. In fact, agent satisfaction scores have gone up by 70% because they no longer have to struggle with so many systems — instead agents now have a single, real-time view of each customer.
Salesforce Launches Automation Everywhere Bundle to Help Companies Lower Costs, Boost Productivity, and Deliver Success Now
Salesforce Launches New Marketing Effectiveness Bundle to Help Companies Reduce Costs and Deliver Success Now
Salesforce Launches Analytics Bundle to Help Customers Increase Efficiency with Tableau and Achieve Success Now
Salesforce Announces Patient 360 for Health Innovations to Help Lower Costs and Deliver More Efficient Care for Patient Success Now
- With Salesforce, L’Oréal sales reps are able to work more efficiently — selling more in less time. With Consumer Goods Cloud, reps can ensure that retailers, like pharmacies and grocery stores, are stocked with the right products so consumers can always find what they want. Reps are also able to quickly manage trade promotion, plan store visits, optimize field execution, automate in-store tasks, and even train store associates.
- Harnessing all of the right data to make every consumer experience as relevant and personalized as possible, Marketing Cloud enables L’Oréal to create unique consumer journeys, delivered through preferred channels such as email and social media, from real-time and historical data. This allows the company to send consumers tailored product recommendations, beauty advice, or special offers automatically — wherever they prefer to shop.
- Reaching customers where they’d prefer to shop more effectively, AppExchange partner SightCall is powering video chat consultations for L’Oréal Paris hair color customers looking for personal assistance creating a new look. Since launching its virtual consultation service, the company has seen a more than a 336% increase in the number of virtual try-ons.
“Brands need technology that will deliver incredibly unique, personalized, and connected experiences to their customers with utmost levels of efficiency,” said Lidiane Jones, EVP & GM, Digital Experiences at Salesforce. “With Salesforce, L’Oréal is able to bring together marketing, commerce, service and in-store insights into one platform to drive success now – increasing scalable growth and supporting every customer’s shopping journey from end to end.”
- Read more about L’Oréal’s digital transformation journey.
- Read how customers are achieving success now with Salesforce.
- Get the latest research showing how companies are tapping Salesforce to save on IT costs.