Salesforce today announced a new Mobile App Plus: Offline Access solution to help mobile employees improve their productivity and access data from across Salesforce’s Customer 360 — including in areas with limited or no internet connectivity.
Why it’s relevant: Mobile devices are indispensable tools for employees who need to connect to their company’s systems and data, but connectivity issues can impact productivity when outside of the office.
- 35% of workers said a weak internet connection prevented them from working at some point.
- 75% of workers say broadband services need to be improved to better support hybrid work.
- On average, companies lose $600,000 in productivity a year due to poor data connectivity.
Go deeper: With Salesforce Mobile App Plus: Offline Access, companies can significantly improve productivity and effectiveness by helping employees access data and information in more places. Now, companies can:
- Configure offline data
- Customers can customize which information is available when internet connectivity is not available. This helps ensure people only see the data they need to get their jobs done. With Briefcase Builder, admins define rules based on their unique needs and mobile user requirements. Organizations can tailor the datasets so end users only see the data they need to get work done.
- Customize the Salesforce experience
- Customers can use Lightning Web Components (LWCs) to create offline apps that help their teams get work done, with or without an Internet connection.
- Sync offline data
- Multiple users can collaborate together offline with built-in data reconciliation and conflict resolution.
How it works: When a retail channel manager logs into Salesforce Mobile App Plus, the data they need will be front and center, even if they are offline. In a remote store location or on-the-go, the app lets them seamlessly modify customer information, update product details, or make adjustments to sales records. Once back online, their edits are automatically synced to the cloud.
Salesforce perspective: “Salesforce Mobile App Plus: Offline Access helps our customers maximize productivity by empowering businesses to seamlessly embrace mobile productivity while prioritizing data security and accessibility.” – Khushwant Singh, SVP, Product Management
Salesforce Mobile App Plus: Offline Access helps our customers maximize productivity by empowering businesses to seamlessly embrace mobile productivity while prioritizing data security and accessibility.Khushwant Singh, SVP, Product Management
- Salesforce Mobile App Plus: Offline Access is generally available now.
- Learn how to maximize productivity from anywhere with Salesforce Mobile App Plus
- Read more about the solution and how customers can use it here
Disclaimer: *Prices subject to change and taxes. Salesforce Mobile App Plus: Offline Access is a solution that requires the purchase and use of Salesforce’s Customer 360. Subject to additional costs, terms, and restrictions. Contact your sales representative for more details.