Marketing Cloud, Trailhead...
Our vision for Salesforce’s Customer 360 for Healthcare is to empower healthcare and life sciences organizations of all types and sizes to deliver more personalized and collaborative experiences at scale. That’s why we’re excited to announce new industry-specific innovations for healthcare built on Salesforce, the world’s #1 CRM for healthcare and life sciences, that work towards improving health outcomes and unlocking operational efficiencies by connecting people, data and processes on a unified platform.
New capabilities include Provider Relationship Management tools in Health Cloud to enable the growth of provider relationships with a number of new use cases for providers and payers. In addition, Einstein Analytics for Healthcare is an out-of-the-box analytics solution giving payers and providers greater visibility and insights into patient data to improve health outcomes. Also available today is Destinations, a no-code healthcare interoperability Salesforce AppExchange solution built by ISV partner Bridge Connector, enabling organizations to quickly and easily integrate disparate health care applications with Health Cloud.
Introducing New Provider Relationship Management Innovation in Health Cloud
The new Provider Relationship Management capabilities in Health Cloud help healthcare organizations connect consumers to the right care faster, efficiently manage provider networks, and grow quality relationships. New features include:
Provider Search: Payers and providers need to steer their healthcare consumers to the best care possible to maximize scheduling and drive a better experience. Provider search is a critical part of any healthcare organizations’ ability to connect individuals to the right care provider.
- New Provider Search makes it easy to match patients and members with the right care provider faster. Service reps can find providers on behalf of a patient or member, and it can also be extended to consumers themselves via self-service. Provider search can be done using specific criteria including location, availability, specialty, and whether they are accepting new patients. The fields can be customized by each company to further enhance the search experience. For example, a payer can add cost level as a custom field to the search criteria, allowing patients to be better informed about their estimated out-of-pocket cost before they select or meet with a provider.
Provider Relationships: Healthcare organizations need to develop stronger relationships and drive engagement with their providers to effectively manage provider networks and optimize referrals. But with an ever growing complexity of networks, provider types, and regulations – combined with legacy and outdated manual processes – they often struggle to piece together a complete view of the provider.
- New Provider Relationships brings together all relevant information about a provider into a single system, which can be used by a physician liaison or provider engagement manager to centralize provider interactions, gain new provider insights, and strengthen relationships and processes. Information like affiliated healthcare organizations, facilities, education history, networks, and operating hours can be combined in one place to create a 360-degree view of each provider. Payers can more efficiently and effectively manage their physician network, and providers can build great relationships and gain insights on referrals happening in or out of the physician network to control for leakage.
Bringing actionable AI to healthcare
Watch the video below for a demo of newly released Einstein Analytics for Healthcare features, an out-of-the-box analytics solution that provides greater visibility into patients’ care.
Available today, Einstein Analytics for Healthcare is an out-of-the-box analytics solution that gives payers and providers greater visibility into patient data to improve health outcomes. To meet the unique needs of healthcare and life sciences customers, Einstein Analytics for Healthcare is built specifically for Health Cloud and allows care coordinators, referral managers, and other roles to get up and running quickly with pre-built dashboards and industry KPIs, like length of referral time right in the platform. Users can segment patients by risk and other attributes to ensure they are reaching the right patient at the right time, as well as identify potential barriers to health in order to reduce readmissions or avoidable claims. For example, care providers can understand where referrals are coming from, improve the referral-to-patient journey, and help them better attract new patients. In using Einstein Analytics for Healthcare, customers should ensure familiarity with the requirements that govern their specific use case or situation.
Tableau’s easy-to-use visual analytics platform delivers insights organization-wide, even for users who don’t work within Health Cloud, enabling every part of a healthcare organization to take a data-driven approach to operational efficiency and patient care. By connecting Tableau dashboards to critical data sources within the hospital system, including leading electronic medical records and billing programs, everyone from administrators to clinicians are able to analyze the data most relevant to their role and make decisions to improve their output. For example, a team of researchers can analyze a combination of patient data and historical genomic data to accelerate and improve patient outcomes, or a hospital system can review surgical data to identify unnecessary operations to curb wasteful spending and save patients money.
Unlocking Electronic Health Record (EHR) data for more personalized patient engagement
The 2020 Connectivity Benchmark Report revealed that 86% of healthcare IT decision makers don’t have a company-wide strategy for integration and just 20% believe their organization has a very good way to enable non-technical business users to integrate applications. To help healthcare providers unlock Electronic Health Record (EHR) data and provide connected patient journeys that lead to better patient outcomes, we’re announcing new integration tools.
Click above to watch a demo of Destinations, the interoperability solution from Bridge Connector, available on AppExchange today.
Destinations, Bridge Connector’s no-code healthcare interoperability solution, is available on AppExchange today – allowing healthcare organizations to accelerate the interoperability of Salesforce Health Cloud and enable Salesforce admins to easily integrate EHR data with predefined data mappings without having to write a line of code. MuleSoft and Bridge Connector are also working together to synchronize patient data across Salesforce and third-party systems with API-led connectivity.
Major healthcare companies are already leveraging the power of Salesforce Health Cloud to get closer to their members and patients:
- Piedmont Healthcare integrates Health Cloud with Marketing Cloud to modernize its approach to marketing in ways that are more data-driven and transparent. As a result, Piedmont has launched a customized, enterprise-wide digital framework that now touches every part of the organization and focuses on three key outcomes: patient personalization, improved provider referral and outreach management, and increased operational efficiency. Find out more about how Piedmont Healthcare personalizes the patient experience.
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) relies on Health Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Communities to help patients and caregivers navigate the complexities of a cancer diagnosis. These platforms help CTCA digitize and provide transparency around the journey from diagnosis to survivorship, by providing patients with timely information, connecting them to other patients and specialists, and ultimately empowering them to make informed decisions about their care.
- Lifesprk needed a way to appropriately capture whole-person comprehensive solutions that kept all of their clients’ information connected. They chose Health Cloud specifically for the scalable workflows and easily accessible information, in addition to being able to monitor member health with real-time analytics and predictive signals.
- United Vein Centers deployed Health Cloud to gain a comprehensive, 360-degree view of patients in order to drive outcomes and business growth. Now with Health Cloud, United Vein Centers is able to scale and manage physician referrals through automation while tracking patient appointments and providing a personalized patient journey leading to better outcomes.
Additional news and resources around the Salesforce healthcare ecosystem: