The Metropolitan Transportation Authority Keeps Customer Service on Track with Salesforce
Today at World Tour D.C., the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) showcased how its Customer Assistance System (Cassie) uses Salesforce to power smarter, stronger, and more reliable experiences.
What’s the impact: The MTA is the largest transportation network in North America, serving over 15.3 million people across a 5,000-square-mile travel area surrounding New York City, Long Island, southeastern New York State, and Connecticut.
- Before Salesforce, the MTA was operating on an older, more limited system. Switching to Salesforce created an opportunity for the MTA to standardize their case categorization structure and customer support processes, achieving greater consistency in the customer experience and in reporting among core agencies including New York City Transit, Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad.
- With the Cassie system now powered by Salesforce, MTA has modernized with digital tools for self service, robust case management, personalized communication efforts, and increased collaboration – giving riders a better experience when they need assistance.
Dive deeper: The MTA is using a combination of Salesforce technologies to power its customer experiences.
- With the help of Experience Cloud, cases are automatically created in Cassie whenever a customer submits feedback via the MTA’s main online intake form or one of a number of custom-built forms, or contacts the MTA via its Contact Center. Social media and chat interactions are also incorporated into Cassie for more robust reporting on customer concerns.
- With Service Cloud, cases are routed to specific queues based on the fields and picklists completed by the customer for faster handling. Staff can then follow-up with personalized status updates directly to the customer’s email as the issue is resolved.
- MTA’s legacy system required customers to check a box on the MTA website to begin receiving numerous, non-customized emails and SMS related to system-wide closures and repairs. The new system, built on Marketing Cloud, will allow MTA to deliver riders the right message at the right time, increase subscribers, and build brand loyalty with timely and effective notifications.
- MTA’s solutions leverage MuleSoft to integrate with other internal systems and share information between customer departments and other internal departments. For example, equipment maintenance requests are communicated via MuleSoft from Service Cloud to MTA’s internal asset management system, and updates are provided back to Service Cloud once equipment is fixed.
- AppExchange partner app Copado is improving the quality, speed, and security of MTA’s deployment of Salesforce technologies – connecting its customer experiences at scale faster.
The Salesforce perspective: “The MTA launched Cassie to enhance the entire customer experience for riders today — and in the future. With Salesforce technology powering the operation, Cassie allows the team to proactively approach and adjust service provision, assess complications, pain points, and roadblocks for customers before they present themselves. With this level of visibility, MTA can stay ahead of the curve and ensure riders have the most comfortable service experiences possible.” – Nasi Jazayeri, EVP & GM, Public Sector & ESG, Salesforce
With Salesforce technology powering the operation, Cassie allows the team to proactively approach and adjust service provision, assess complications, pain points, and roadblocks for customers before they present themselves.Nasi Jazayeri, Salesforce
- Read more Salesforce customer success stories here
- Learn more about Experience Cloud, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud