Powered by Data Cloud, Salesforce’s real-time hyperscale data engine, Service Intelligence gives users access to all of their data directly within Service Cloud, eliminating the need to toggle between screens for information. Pre-built, customizable dashboards inside Service Intelligence provide a view of essential metrics like customer satisfaction and individual and team workloads. And, with Einstein Conversation Mining, service professionals can use AI to analyze customer chat and email conversations to uncover insights — like specific challenges customers face during service interactions — assess the likelihood of complaint escalation, and proactively address the issue with the customer.
Why it’s relevant: AI is gaining prominence among service professionals, with an 88% increase in AI adoption from 2020 to 2022. This is no surprise, as 63% of service professionals say AI will help them serve customers faster. By embracing AI, service professionals can make informed decisions fast and enhance customer satisfaction, securing a competitive edge.
What’s new: Generally available today, Service Intelligence includes:
- Pre-built service dashboards, which give service agents and managers visibility into AI-powered insights through Einstein Conversation Mining and key metrics across cases, including total number of escalated cases, average time to close, and customer satisfaction scores, so they can improve customer interactions. For example, service managers can use a pre-built service dashboard to determine which teams need more support during particularly busy times.
- Einstein Conversation Mining uses AI to analyze customer conversations so service leaders can quickly identify trends and top customer issues. For example, service leaders can determine if there are a significant number of customers reaching out with questions regarding a product’s return policy. Then, they can train bots to recognize this contact reason and surface a self-help article on returns when a customer reaches out for support.
- Tableau integration lets users jump from a Service Intelligence dashboard directly into data exploration in Tableau with a single click, all while retaining the data context from their service console. Users can also seamlessly embed visualizations built in Tableau into Service Intelligence to share insights with their teams.
- Copilot for Service will give users the ability to ask Einstein questions about their Service Intelligence dashboards, metrics, trends, and more, using natural language directly within Service Cloud.
- Einstein Studio will surface AI-powered insights like Propensity to Escalate — the likelihood a customer will elevate a complaint — and predictions on the time it will take to resolve a customer case.
- Customer Effort Score will provide a holistic view of how difficult the service experience has been for the customer, and recommendations on how service professionals can tailor their interactions to improve customer satisfaction, like giving an unhappy customer a discount.
- “With Service Intelligence driven by AI, companies can bridge the gap between data and action, turning raw data into valuable customer insights. This empowers service professionals with the right information to deliver on their core mission: delivering exceptional customer experiences.” — Ryan Nichols, SVP and GM of Service Cloud, Salesforce
With Service Intelligence driven by AI, companies can bridge the gap between data and action, turning raw data into valuable customer insights. This empowers service professionals with the right information to deliver on their core mission: delivering exceptional customer experiences.Ryan Nichols, SVP and GM of Service Cloud, Salesforce
Reactions to the news:
- “At Heathrow, we have set a new standard of seamless travel experiences for the more than 250,000 passengers that fly with us every day. From transportation and parking to retail and security, Salesforce has been a key partner in delivering data-driven, personalized experiences. These insights have been a game-changing step forward in how service teams interact with travelers and provide that personal touch on every journey.” – Peter Burns, Director of Marketing and Digital, Heathrow Airport
- “Success in the service industry is defined by how easy and efficient an interaction is for the customer. Saleforce’s Service Intelligence solution empowers service providers to better understand agent performance, foresee a customer’s propensity to escalate, and identify opportunities for automation and improved technology management – all factors that drive a more positive customer and agent experience.” – Rebecca Wetterman, CEO and Principal Analyst, Valoir
- Pre-built service dashboards, Einstein Conversation Mining, and Tableau integration are generally available today.
- Einstein Copilot for Service is expected to pilot in the spring of 2024.
- Einstein Studio for Propensity to Escalate and Customer Effort Score are expected to be generally available in the spring of 2024.
- Watch the latest innovations for Service Cloud announced from Dreamforce ‘23 here
- Tune in to a webinar to hear more about how Service Intelligence brings out-of-the-box insights and data models directly into Service Cloud
- Learn how Salesforce Field Service is bringing AI to the mobile workforce here
- Read how Salesforce is helping drive personalized customer interactions with generative AI here