Marketing Cloud, Trailhead...
- To meet the upcoming expansion of vaccine eligibility, Salesforce is delivering free updates to current Vaccine Cloud customers with more powerful and scalable scheduling technology
- 30 million vaccines have been delivered through the Salesforce platform, helping to support organizations around the country and world.
The world’s largest vaccination campaign is well underway, and as the rollout has made clear, paper registration and legacy systems are no match for the scale and speed required for this unprecedented effort.
As public health authorities and healthcare providers manage the rapid expansion in vaccine eligibility for residents, existing scheduling, registration and communications systems are stressed. And with President Biden’s goal to widen U.S. vaccine eligibility to all adults by April 19, it’s more critical than ever for public and private organizations to have a platform in place to manage the coming influx of registrants.
Today, Salesforce is announcing a free upgrade to Vaccine Cloud customers to help meet this deadline with more powerful out-of-the-box scheduling capabilities. The new Vaccine Cloud enhancements include faster, more reliable and more equitable ways for people to schedule vaccine appointments.
Vaccine appointment scheduling is getting faster and easier
These new capabilities make scheduling appointments faster and easier for residents while also helping organizations handle the increasing scale with a better experience, as residents can more easily register to hold their place in line and be notified when an appointment is ready. It also integrates with any scheduling system in use. Here’s how it works:
- Residents can pre-register to receive a vaccine on their own time via a scalable website, which can handle up to millions of visitors per day. This helps eliminate the need to constantly refresh the page to see new appointments or having to wait for hours on the phone, and helps ensure residents won’t encounter broken webpages or lockouts.
- Once eligible, residents are notified to schedule their appointment via the channel of their choice, such as email or SMS. They can make the appointment in just a few minutes, avoiding the need to wait for and time the exact moments when slots are released on the website.
- Vaccine Cloud then connects that person to a personalized scheduling process with a one-time use link, which can help ensure equitable access to the system.
- When the person clicks the link, the webpage shows where and when appointments are available and holds their place in line until an appointment is booked, helping to ease the appointment scheduling process and reduce wait times. There are no dependencies on vaccine inventory or need to push people to a virtual waiting room if traffic spikes.
Salesforce fueling the vaccine rollout
Vaccine Cloud is technology built to support the scale that governments, healthcare providers, and organizations need to deliver authorized vaccines effectively and efficiently to billions of people globally. For example, CDR Health worked with Salesforce Consulting partner Coastal Cloud to vaccinate more than one million Floridians.
“Our comprehensive vaccination solution, built on the Salesforce platform in partnership with Coastal Cloud, has enabled us to achieve more than 50,000 vaccinations per day”Tina Vidal-Duart, CEO, CDR Health
“Our comprehensive vaccination solution, built on the Salesforce platform in partnership with Coastal Cloud, has enabled us to achieve more than 50,000 vaccinations per day,” said Tina Vidal-Duart, CEO of CDR Health. “Our mobile app has been used by over 2 million Floridians to register and schedule testing and vaccination appointments, and Salesforce’s new product enhancements will help facilitate an even more streamlined patient experience as we help vaccinate as many residents as possible before the summer.”
Vaccine Cloud is part of Salesforce’s COVID-19 response technology solutions, which include vaccine inventory management, appointment scheduling, outcome monitoring, public health outreach campaigns, notifications and more with a single implementation. With Vaccine Cloud, organizations can quickly design, build, integrate, and manage vaccine programs end-to-end, all on one trusted, flexible platform with built-in automation and omnichannel capabilities. Vaccine Cloud is also built consistent with Salesforce’s ethical and humane use and privacy principles to help ensure technology is applied equitably. More on what Salesforce is doing to support vaccine management can be found here:
- Salesforce Vaccine Management Now Used by More Than 150 Government Agencies and Healthcare Organizations
- Salesforce Announces Vaccine Cloud to Accelerate Global Vaccine Management
- Vaccine Distribution: The Role of Business, Government and Technology
- Louisville Metro Selects Salesforce to Manage the Vaccinations of its Nearly One Million Residents
- Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, Collaborates with Salesforce to Help Equitably Distribute Two Billion COVID-19 Vaccines by the End of 2021