Salesforce.com Launches Work.com – Transforming Human Resources for the Social Era
Work.com revolutionizes the way companies align, motivate and drive the performance of their people
Now companies can provide management tools inside the apps where sales, service and marketing teams work everyday
New partnership with Workday will enable seamless integration between Workday HCM and Work.com
New partnership with Amazon.com empowers customers to reward and motivate their people directly from within Work.com
Leading brands like Facebook, Virgin America and 1-800 Flowers are empowering their teams to work better, together
SAN FRANCISCO -- DREAMFORCE 2012 – Sept. 19, 2012 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today launched Salesforce Work.com, taking its first step toward transforming Human Resources for the social era. Work.com is a social performance management platform that revolutionizes the way companies align around social goals, motivate their people with real-time recognition and rewards and drive performance with continuous feedback and relevant performance reviews. With Work.com, companies can provide management tools right inside the applications where sales, service and marketing teams work everyday, connecting them to the mission of their company in entirely new ways. Also today, salesforce.com and Workday announced they are expanding their partnership to enable seamless integration between Workday HCM and Work.com. In addition, a new partnership with Amazon.com was announced that empowers Work.com customers to reward and motivate their people directly from within Work.com.
Comments on the News
• “The way we work has changed, but the technology most companies use to manage work is painfully out of date,” said John Wookey, EVP of social applications, salesforce.com. “Work.com empowers teams to work better together by delivering the tools they need to stay aligned and motivated — and integrating them with the systems where people actually work.”
• “Work.com’s social performance management platform combined with Workday’s unified talent and HR solution answers the modern organization’s need for a system of engagement – one that aligns and motivates employees to deliver better business results.” said Amy Wilson, vice president of Workday HCM, Workday.
• “As skills become more and more scarce, aligning, motivating and retaining people within the walls of an enterprise is something all business professionals need to focus on—not just HR,” said noted HCM analyst Jason Averbook, CEO of Knowledge Infusion. “Work.com is designed to enable that process as we continue to define and understand the future of work.”
• “We believe real-time feedback, coaching and recognition are essential to improving the productivity of our sales reps and the continued growth of our business” said Mark Roberge, SVP of Sales and Services, HubSpot. “Work.com helps our sales managers and reps identify areas of improvement and work toward turning them into strengths.”
• “Salesforce.com is providing us with tools to help evolve and enhance our performance-driven culture at 1-800 Flowers,” said Maureen Paradine, SVP of HR, 1-800 Flowers. “Being able to recognize and reward our people in the moment for doing great work keeps them motivated to achieve their goals and deliver great results.”
Transforming Work for the Social Revolution
Lost productivity costs enterprises in the U.S. $300 billion every year, according to the Gallup Organization. The reason: 79 percent of employees are disengaged from their work. Away from the office, Facebook and other social apps have transformed the way we connect and share information. Yet the systems most companies use to manage work were designed for the hierarchical, siloed, slow-moving workplace of the past. They automate legacy processes and painful reviews instead of improving productivity and results. And they often feel like work on top of work – completely disconnected from employees’ daily jobs.
Just as salesforce.com revolutionized the way companies sell and service their customers, the company is now transforming the way people work with the introduction of Work.com.
Work.com focuses on the inherent social nature of performance management—goal setting, feedback, recognition and continuous dialogue—to help companies align, motivate and drive performance. Work.com liberates performance management from a top-down, once-a-year process into an integrated daily solution that makes a meaningful impact on business performance. Work.com empowers managers and teams to work better together in three key areas:
• Alignment — Today’s workplace is more fragmented than ever. We work remotely and virtually and have people spread across the globe. At the same time, the pace of business is accelerating, placing a premium on getting the right information to the right people as quickly and efficiently as possible. In fact, a recent study by Savo Group found that 40 percent of businesses suffer from poor alignment of messaging, sales tools and seller skills. With Work.com, teams can manage in real-time, drive alignment with social goals and solicit and receive ongoing feedback and coaching. Work.com social goals are also visible in Chatter, encouraging greater alignment, visibility and transparency across the enterprise.
• Motivation — A recent study from Market Tools found that 76 percent of workers are unsatisfied with the amount of recognition they receive at work, while 77 percent said they would work harder if their efforts were better recognized. With Work.com, enterprises can create a culture of meaningful recognition at work. Now people can recognize colleagues with custom badges that reflect their company’s unique culture and values. The recognition a person receives becomes part of their social profile in Salesforce, allowing people to build their reputation and enabling colleagues identify experts.
• Performance — Performance reviews are among the most hated processes in business. A study by Reuters found that 80 percent of workers are dissatisfied with their performance reviews and would like to see them better reflect their real work. Work.com enables painless, productive reviews that actually improve performance by capturing all the achievements, recognition and feedback a person receives and calibrates performance across teams.
Work.com Bridges the Gap Between Management Tools and the Apps Where People Work
Now managers can drive alignment, motivation and performance directly from within Salesforce. People can see colleagues’ goals, feedback and recognition inside Chatter or recognize great work from within a Sales Cloud opportunity record. With Work.com sales managers can onboard new reps more effectively and improve the productivity of their teams. Service teams can reduce agent churn and absenteeism to improve productivity and customer satisfaction, while marketers can track progress of their campaigns and collaborate more effectively with sales. Work.com employee social profiles reflect their expertise, goals and performance right inside Chatter, helping them build their reputation.
New Partnership with Workday Makes Performance Management More Social and Engaging
Today salesforce.com announced a partnership with Workday that enables seamless integration between Workday HCM and Work.com. With this integration, Workday HCM will deliver worker data including organizational relationships into Work.com’s social performance management layer, empowering employees to manage performance through social goals, continuous feedback and recognition. Work.com will send performance feedback back to Workday’s Talent Profile to be used in formal performance reviews, development planning or reporting. Now, joint Workday and salesforce.com customers will be able to keep employees engaged and motivated to deliver better results.
New Partnership with Amazon.com Seamlessly Integrates Work with Rewards
Also announced today is a new partnership with Amazon.com. Users will be able to reward great performance with Amazon.com gift cards directly from within Work.com. Recipients collect points awarded by managers and colleagues that can later be redeemed from the world’s largest online marketplace.
Leading Brands are Driving Performance with Work.com
With Work.com, managers and their teams can share priorities, continuously update the progress of key goals and recognize one another for great work — encouraging an aligned, motivated, performance-driven workforce. Hundreds of companies including Facebook, LinkedIn, LivingSocial, Spotify, Virgin America and 1-800 Flowers have already transformed the way they manage people with Work.com.
Pricing and Availability
• Work.com is scheduled to be generally available in calendar Q4 of this year. Pricing and packaging will be announced at general availability.
• Salesforce Rypple is currently available today. Pricing starts at $5 per user per month.
• Watch Dreamforce 2012 live on Salesforce Live at http://facebook.com/dreamforce
• Find more information on Salesforce Work.com at: www.Work.com
• Like Salesforce Work.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Work.com
• Follow @Salesforce and @Work.com on Twitter
Dreamforce 2012 is the world’s largest vendor technology conference, welcoming more than 90,000 registered attendees to experience the power of the social revolution. With more than 750 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking. In addition, Dreamforce welcomes special guests Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group, Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric, Gen. Colin Powell, U.S.A.—ret., Tony Robbins, entrepreneur, author and peak performance strategist and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Dreamforce 2012 offers attendees everything they need to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.