Dreamforce, the world’s largest software conference ever, welcomes more than 140,000 registered to attend and five million expected to view on Salesforce Live to discover the future of enterprise software
The Salesforce Customer Success Platform empowers companies of every size and industry to connect with their customers in a whole new way
SAN FRANCISCO—Dreamforce 2014—Oct. 13, 2014—Salesforce [NYSE: CRM], the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, today kicked off Dreamforce, the largest software conference ever, in San Francisco. With more than 140,000 registered to attend and more than five million people expected to view online, Dreamforce attendees and viewers will experience four high-energy days of innovation, education, fun and giving back. Throughout the week, Salesforce will unveil its vision for the future of enterprise software and the Customer Success Platform, which empowers companies of every size and industry to connect with their customers in a whole new way.
Dreamforce is being held at the Moscone Center in San Francisco from October 13-16, 2014, and live webcasts of the keynotes are available at www.salesforce.com/live.
Comments on the News:
● “We are living in the single most innovative era in the history of technology. Everything and everyone is being connected, and a company’s relationship with its customers is the new bottom line,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, Salesforce. “The Salesforce Customer Success Platform delivers what companies need to realize their full potential in this new era, combining the power of six groundbreaking clouds that seamlessly work together to connect companies with customers in a whole new way.”
Introducing the New Salesforce—the Customer Success Platform
We are entering a new world of computing where everything is connected. Mobile phones will soon be in the hands of 70 percent of the world’s population and billions of apps on mobile devices are sending massive amounts of data to the cloud. In the last two years alone, 90 percent of the world’s data was created as cloud, social, mobile and connected technologies transformed business models and consumer behavior. The future is trillions of customer interactions every day. To succeed in the future, every company needs a platform to capture and personalize every customer interaction, to connect with customers in a whole new way.
Unfortunately, legacy enterprise systems are holding companies back from connecting deeply with their data and engaging with their customers. Companies won’t thrive using technologies that aren’t native to this new cloud, social, mobile and connected world. And they won’t be able to grow their businesses or easily adapt to changing user needs. Companies have to be ready to sell, service, market and engage with customers anytime, anywhere and on any device.
A new platform is required to overcome the crippling disconnect between companies and their customers. Today, Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, is introducing the Customer Success Platform, which bridges the gap between companies and their customers. Now, companies can go as fast as the evolving technology world around them.
The Salesforce Customer Success Platform brings together groundbreaking cloud apps for sales, service, marketing, community, and now analytics, all on the Salesforce1 Platform. It provides both a system of record and a system of engagement for companies of every size and industry. Now anyone can run their business from a phone and every company can grow sales faster, deliver customer service everywhere, create 1:1 customer journeys, engage with customers in vibrant communities, deliver analytics for every business user and build mobile apps lightning fast, all from a single trusted platform built for customer success.
Salesforce Unveils Wave, The Analytics Cloud
Today at Dreamforce 2014, Salesforce announced Wave, the Salesforce Analytics Cloud. Wave is the first cloud analytics platform designed for every business user, making it easier than ever for anyone to explore data, uncover new insights and take action instantly from any device. Companies can now quickly deploy sales, service and marketing analytics, or build custom mobile analytics apps, using any data source—empowering everyone to make smarter decisions from anywhere.
Dreamforce 2014: The World’s Largest Software Conference Ever
The 12th annual Dreamforce is the largest software conference ever, with more than 140,000 people registered to attend and an additional five million expected to join online. Dreamforce is a truly global event, attracting attendees from more than 90 countries around the world to San Francisco. From this global stage, Salesforce will unveil the future of enterprise software–exploring how the rapid acceleration of cloud, social, mobile and connected technologies is transforming the way companies connect with their customers, partners, employees and products.
This year, Dreamforce integrates giving back into the conference experience with #DFGives—delivering one million meals to fight hunger, supporting the health and education of children in need and helping veterans get back into the workforce. All Dreamforce attendees are encouraged to bring a can of food to Dreamforce Plaza to donate and participate in meaningful volunteer activities each day.
Opportunities to give back at Dreamforce include:
● Fight Hunger: Dreamforce has set a goal to collect one million meals to feed the hungry, benefiting the San Francisco/Marin Food Bank and anti-hunger partners around the world. Every Dreamforce attendee is encouraged to take part in the food drive by bringing a can of food to the Dreamforce Plaza.
● Help Children: The Salesforce Foundation will be presenting the fifth annual Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals with special events at San Francisco’s City Hall. In addition, Dreamforce attendees are encouraged to volunteer on site by filling bags for two organizations benefiting children—Project Night Night and Talk, Read, Sing. Attendees can also support their local public schools by volunteering to teach an hour of code through Code.org or help fund a classroom project through DonorsChoose.org.
● Support Veterans: As part of #DFGives, Salesforce is creating an integrated experience at Dreamforce for veterans aimed at helping those who served transition more easily back into civilian life. Activities include training and certification opportunities and special networking events. Attendees can learn about amazing programs available to vets across industries in a special discussion featuring Starbucks, Uber and USAA, and visit the Salesforce for Vets booth to pledge support.
● Learn more about Wave, the Salesforce Analytics Cloud: http://www.salesforce.com/analytics-cloud/
● Register for Dreamforce, including free keynote and expo pass: http://dreamforce.com
● Join us in giving back at www.dfgives.org
● Like Salesforce on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
● Follow @salesforce on Twitter: http://twitter.com/salesforce