SAN FRANCISCO – January 13, 2010 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today unveiled Spring ’10 (http://sites.force.com/features), the company’s 31st generation release with new features.
SAN FRANCISCO, January 13, 2010 — Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today unveiled Spring ’10 (http://sites.force.com/features), the company’s 31st generation release with new features across the Sales Cloud 2 (http://www.salesforce.com/crm/sales-force-automation/), Service Cloud 2 (http://www.salesforce.com/crm/customer-service-support/) and Force.com (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/). Spring ’10 will also debut an entirely new user interface for salesforce.com. The new UI will maintain the same award-winning functionality, but will have an updated look and feel, making it even easier for users to find what they are looking for. Salesforce.com delivers three seasonal releases a year with its real-time cloud infrastructure, ensuring that all of salesforce.com’s 67,900 customers can leverage the latest cloud computing innovations to run and grow their businesses.
Sales Cloud 2 – The World’s Most Popular Sales Application
In 1999, salesforce.com revolutionized sales force automation by introducing the Sales Cloud and making it as easy to use as consumer sites like Amazon.com and eBay. Today, Sales Cloud 2 (http://www.salesforce.com/crm/sales-force-automation/) is the world’s most complete and popular sales application with thousands of companies experiencing success, including Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Yamaha Corporation of America and Dell. The new Spring ’10 features focused on helping sales professionals drive more sales and generate more leads will include:
- Real-Time Quotes with Quote Sync: With real-time quotes, sales reps will now be able to use Sales Cloud 2 to automatically populate quotes with relevant customer data. Sales reps will be able to generate and send sales quotes to prospects with just a few clicks. Since sales reps often go through multiple quotes when working to close a deal, the new quote sync feature will enable sales reps to sync the final quote with the opportunity in one simple click. In addition, the Force.com API provides easy integration with outside systems, like forecasts and supply chains, to ensure that sales reports are updated in real-time.
- Mobile Lite for All Editions: Mobile Lite will enable users of any edition of salesforce.com to access Sales Cloud 2 and Service Cloud 2 from their mobile devices. The Mobile Lite service will allow end users to log calls and emails, update activities and tasks as well as view account and contact details, leads, opportunities, cases, solutions, assets, and dashboards, all from their mobile device. Previously only available to Professional edition or above, Mobile Lite will offer a subset of the features available in the full mobile version.
Service Cloud 2 – The Next Generation of Customer Service
Service Cloud 2 (http://www.salesforce.com/crm/customer-service-support/) brings together traditional contact center technologies with cloud computing platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Google to deliver the next generation solution for customer service. Now, companies can join the conversation with their customers, exponentially increasing the quality of service, while lowering the cost, by leveraging the expertise of the community. More than 8,000 companies have selected Service Cloud 2 for their customer service operations. New product innovations that will be introduced for Service Cloud 2 in Spring ’10 include:
- Salesforce Answers: For years, customer service centers have been limited to knowledge articles produced by company employees and have not benefited from the explosion of consumer wisdom that exists across the Web. Utilizing Service Cloud 2, Salesforce Answers will deliver a unique online experience that will help companies leverage the expertise in the cloud for their customers. Salesforce Answers will enable companies to start the conversation with a unique online customer community, leveraging crowd-source knowledge and Facebook.
- Entitlements and Service Contracts: With Spring ’10, call center agents using the Service Cloud 2 will have access to powerful tools to track service entitlements and contracts. Now enterprises will be able to maintain service level agreements by organizing customers by support levels, all in the cloud.
Force.com – Build Custom Apps Five Times Faster and at Half the Cost
Force.com (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/) is salesforce.com’s enterprise cloud computing platform. Force.com provides everything companies need to quickly build and deliver business applications in the cloud, including the database, unlimited real-time customization, powerful analytics, real-time workflow and approvals, programmable cloud logic, integration, real-time mobile deployment, programmable user interface and Web site capabilities.
New Spring ‘10 features will extend the capabilities of the Force.com platform for customers building and running applications in the cloud:
- Adobe Flash Builder for Force.com: Adobe Flash Builder for Force.com is a jointly developed integrated development environment that will provide a single, powerful tool for building cloud-based rich Internet applications, which can easily be deployed to end users through the browser using the Adobe Flash® Player or directly to the desktop via Adobe AIR®. This tight integration will enable client-side data management and synchronization between cloud and client, simplifying the development of applications that seamlessly run online or offline across operating systems and devices, while taking full advantage of the proven scalability, security and reliability of the Force.com platform. Developers will be able to use Adobe Flash Builder for Force.com to extend or enhance existing Salesforce CRM implementations and custom-built Force.com applications, or build entirely new applications to provide customized user experiences for any business need.
- Authenticated Sites: With the new authenticated sites feature in Spring ’10, companies will be able to run both public and private authenticated web sites on the Force.com platform. Customers will be able to easily add important user security functionality like self-registration, secure login UI components and security profile data filtering all without writing a single line of code. With this new feature, customers will be able to create and run new types of web sites on Force.com like e-commerce, customer communities and event registration. The sky’s the limit for web site innovation with Force.com.
- "Spring ’10 represents the 31st generation of cloud computing excellence and in addition to real-time product breakthroughs, we are proud to announce a new UI for our customers at no additional cost or upgrade headaches. The brand new UI is the result of salesforce.com’s relentless focus on usability and adoption, which has made us the leader in enterprise cloud computing," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO at salesforce.com.
- "Salesforce.com continues to deliver a consistent drum beat of innovation to its customers. The new features in Spring ’10 for Sales Cloud 2, Service Cloud 2 and Force.com are focused on helping companies leverage cloud computing to positively benefit their bottom line," said Mary Wardley, IDC.
- “Salesforce.com and cloud computing have transformed our business. We’re looking forward to getting our hands on the new Spring ’10 innovations so we can continue to enhance our ability to gain market share and improve the overall business performance,” said Dan Chiazza, Vice President, Harris Interactive.
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce.com’s Spring ’10 (http://sites.force.com/features) release is currently scheduled to be available to all 67,900 salesforce.com customers in February 2010.
- Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
- For more information on the Spring ’10 release, please visit http://sites.force.com/features
- Follow salesforce.com on Twitter @salesforce
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies of every size and industry to digitally transform and create a 360° view of their customers. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.