Enterprise cloud computing leader makes list for the third consecutive year; ranks first for annual employee pay and ninth in job growth
SAN FRANCISCO, January 24, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced it has been ranked 52nd on the 14th annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list published by FORTUNE magazine. This is the third consecutive year salesforce.com has made the list.
Salesforce.com was ranked first amongst all 100 companies for how it rewards its employees financially, and as one of the top 10 companies for job growth. According to Fortune, “Salesforce.com goes to extremes to reward the top performers who have helped drive its growth. No wonder this online software provider tops this year’s list of best payers.”
Comments on the Announcement
• “We are thrilled to be named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for by FORTUNE again this year,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com. “Our employees continue to make salesforce.com the best place to work in the cloud.”
• “We pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit to create an environment for employees that is the best in the industry,” said Erin Flynn, senior vice president of employee success at salesforce.com. “Being listed as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for by FORTUNE magazine is a great honor, and underscores the value we place on our employees’ experience so that they can deliver the best work of their careers.”
• “Working at salesforce.com offers a different experience from many other companies in that we both use and create cutting-edge cloud technologies that are social, mobile and open,” said Jayesh Sureshchandra, a senior developer at salesforce.com. “The entrepreneurial spirit of the company translates into success for our customers and in making the world a better place through the Salesforce.com Foundation, both of which make me proud to work here.”
About FORTUNE’S “100 Best Companies to Work For”
• To pick the 100 Best Companies to Work For, FORTUNE partners with the Great Place to Work Institute to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America.
• Three hundred eleven companies participated in this year’s survey. Two-thirds of a company’s score is based on the results of the Institute’s Trust Index survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company. The survey asks questions related to their attitudes about management’s credibility, job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The other third of the scoring is based on the company’s responses to the Institute’s Culture Audit, which includes detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, internal communications, training, recognition programs and diversity efforts.
• Any company that is at least seven years old with more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible. The deadline for applying for next year’s list is June 15, 2011. For an online nomination form, go to www.greatplacetowork.com.
• The full list and related stories will appear in the February 7, 2011 issue of FORTUNE, and are available now at www.fortune.com/bestcompanies.
Salesforce empowers companies of every size and industry to connect with their customers through the power of data + AI + CRM + trust. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.