Salesforce Chatterbox will deliver simple and secure file sharing across devices with the proven trust of Salesforce
With Salesforce Chatterbox, people will be able to manage and share files in the business apps they already use
Now with more than 170,000 active networks at companies like Dell, Kelly Services and Virgin America, Salesforce Chatter is the #1 enterprise social network and the standard for how businesses collaborate
SAN FRANCISCO – DREAMFORCE 2012 – Sept. 19, 2012 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today introduced Salesforce Chatterbox, which will deliver simple and secure file sharing across devices in the enterprise. With Salesforce Chatterbox, users will be able to manage and share files in the context of business – all with the trust customers expect from Salesforce. For the first time ever, companies will be able to transform how they collaborate and connect with their customers, partners and employees around files directly in Salesforce Chatter, the #1 enterprise social network.
Comments on the News
• “Our customers have been asking us to create a file sharing service like Dropbox for the enterprise,” said Nasi Jazayeri, EVP and GM of Salesforce Chatter, salesforce.com. “Now with Salesforce Chatterbox, employees will be able to securely access and share their files with the trust of Salesforce.”
• “As a leading provider of staffing services for businesses around the world, it is imperative that each of our employees can access the latest information regardless of their location,” said Joe Drouin, SVP and CIO, Kelly Services. “With Salesforce Chatterbox, Salesforce Chatter will set the standard for how we collaborate and enable our employees to do their work from any device and at the speed of social.”
• “Sharing files has always been a key pillar of enterprise collaboration, but traditional internal systems are difficult to access and navigate, and most cloud options today provide a virtual folder and little else. Salesforce Chatterbox will provide an integrated way for employees to share and access files from anywhere, and be notified of file changes or additions within their Chatter feed,” said Rebecca Wettemann, vice president of research, Nucleus Research. “Salesforce Chatterbox will completely eliminate the need for Dropbox in the enterprise and will help facilitate secure sharing of documents and files – a corporate necessity today.”
Salesforce Chatterbox – Simple and Secure File Sharing Across Devices
The unprecedented growth of social and mobile technologies has changed the way people connect and communicate. As companies look to thrive in this new world, many are looking for the same benefits and user experiences of popular consumer apps, such as Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, in the enterprise.
With Salesforce Chatterbox, Chatter will set the standard in social file sharing in the enterprise, allowing users to:
• Easily share and manage files: Salesforce Chatterbox is the first file sharing solution designed for the enterprise that will allow users to easily share, collaborate on and manage files with anyone in their company. Employees will be able to share and manage their files in Chatter as easily as they share photos with their friends and family on Facebook.
• Access files from mobile devices: Salesforce Chatterbox will provide users with real-time sync across devices – from desktops to smart phones to tablets – giving a seamless end-to-end experience for users to access, collaborate on and share files. Employees will be able to securely and easily access files while on the road, in customer offices or from wherever they need to connect.
• Collaborate in context of business: For the first time, enterprises will be able to empower employees to share their files within the context of business in real-time and right in the place they work. And by collaborating on files in their Chatter feed, employees will have the right information right at their fingertips when they need it.
• Leverage the trust of Salesforce: Built on the proven Salesforce Platform, Salesforce Chatterbox will give enterprises the trust they have come to expect from Salesforce. Companies will be able to share and collaborate on confidential files such as contracts, financial reports or product roadmaps with the trust of Salesforce.
• Harness the power of Chatter: Files will become immediately social through the power of Chatter. Files will be posted to the Chatter feed as soon as they are saved and shared via Salesforce Chatterbox.
More Innovations in Salesforce Chatter
Chatter combines social networking features such as profiles, real-time feeds, trending topics, recommendations and influence measurement, with the business information and processes in Salesforce. Chatter is integrated across all of the Salesforce apps and is extended through custom and partner apps built on the Salesforce Platform, enabling employees to be more productive in their everyday work.
Chatter is delivering continuous innovations including:
• Chatter Communities: Companies will be able to create private social communities to connect with customers and partners in entirely new ways with Salesforce Chatter Communities. It is the only community platform that will combine the power of social networking with business processes for breakthrough collaboration and productivity.
• Chatter Messenger: Chatter Messenger extends the benefits of employee social networks to secure, real-time, in-context communication. Employees can instantly connect and collaborate with colleagues by leveraging instant messaging, group chat, presence and chat roster.
• Chatter Screensharing: Chatter Screensharing will extend real-time communications by enabling employees to share anything on their screens instantly with their colleagues directly from a chat session. With Chatter Screensharing, every conversation and meeting will take place in Chatter, all in the context of business.
• Chatter Influence: Enterprises can quickly see who is driving collaboration within Chatter by looking at how many posts and comments someone has made and how many comments or likes they have received with Chatter Influence.
Customer Success with Service Cloud, the #1 Enterprise Social Network
With more than 170,000 active networks, Chatter is the #1 enterprise social network and the standard for how businesses collaborate. Now more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500 leverage Chatter to connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. In fact, companies have reduced meetings by an average of 25 percent, reduced email by an average of 26 percent and generated an average of 29 percent more ideas through collaboration. In addition, they have increased employee connections by an average of 31 percent and seen an average of 34 percent increase in employee engagement, according to a recent salesforce.com-sponsored survey of 5,500 Chatter customers.
Pricing and Availability
• Salesforce Chatterbox is currently scheduled to be available in pilot the first half of 2013.
• Pricing of Salesforce Chatterbox will be announced at the time of general availability.
• Watch Dreamforce 2012 live on Salesforce Live at http://facebook.com/dreamforce
• Read more details on the news at blogs.salesforce.com
• Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
• Like Chatter on Facebook: http://facebook.com/chatter
• Follow @Salesforce on Twitter
Dreamforce 2012 is the world’s largest vendor technology conference, welcoming more than 90,000 registered attendees to experience the power of the social revolution. With more than 750 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking. In addition, Dreamforce welcomes special guests Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group, Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric, Gen. Colin Powell, U.S.A.—ret., Tony Robbins, entrepreneur, author and peak performance strategist and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Dreamforce 2012 offers attendees everything they need to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways.
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies of every size and industry to digitally transform and create a 360° view of their customers. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.