Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform (http://www.salesforce.com/), today announced that JetBlue (Nasdaq: JBLU), the customer focused airline, transformed its social marketing with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and has realized a 140 percent return on investment*. JetBlue standardized its social marketing on Salesforce Buddy Media, the #1 social publishing application within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to increase productivity with a streamlined and flexible way to create and execute social campaigns.NEW YORK – July 9, 2013 – Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform (http://www.salesforce.com/), today announced that JetBlue (Nasdaq: JBLU), the customer focused airline, transformed its social marketing with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and has realized a 140 percent return on investment*. JetBlue standardized its social marketing on Salesforce Buddy Media, the #1 social publishing application within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to increase productivity with a streamlined and flexible way to create and execute social campaigns.
JetBlue reduced marketing costs and gained better visibility into the relative success of various social marketing campaigns, according to a new ROI case study report published by Nucleus Research.
Comments on the News
• “Customer companies like JetBlue are connecting with their customers in entirely new ways and thriving as a result,” said Michael Lazerow, CMO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, salesforce.com. “The JetBlue team is made up of some of the savviest marketers in the world. What they’ve been able to accomplish by combining their deep understanding of social marketing and Salesforce Buddy Media is only the beginning.”
• “JetBlue prides itself on reaching both business and recreational travelers in unique ways,” said Sean Williams, analyst, consumer promotions, JetBlue Airways. “By using Buddy Media for all of our social promotions, we’ve increased productivity and seen direct cost savings.”
Using Salesforce Buddy Media, JetBlue reports the following benefits:
• More efficient management of creative services. Buddy Media allows JetBlue to focus agency investment on more strategic activities and spend less on routine campaign development and execution fees.
• Increased productivity. Buddy Media makes it easier for the team to track and analyze the relative success and impact of different promotions, as well as schedule execution times for various phases of a campaign, saving valuable time.
• Greater visibility. Buddy Media analytics allow the JetBlue promotions team to quickly understand the reach, volume and impact of a campaign, and how it aligns with demographic and psychographic profiles of the audience.
• Better execution. Standardizing on Buddy Media for social marketing campaigns enables JetBlue to retain brand consistency while quickly activating campaigns based on the real-time nature of social media and specific events.
JetBlue embraces the customer revolution and illustrates how brands can connect with customers, employees and partners in entirely new ways. One particular campaign JetBlue executed with Buddy Media was the “Think Up” campaign. The company asked users to submit ideas for a new JetBlue iPad app on Facebook. The ideas submitted are now under review by the JetBlue team and will result in a final product that is truly customer centric.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Publish With Buddy Media
Together, Radian6, Buddy Media and Social.com form the Marketing Cloud, the #1 social marketing solution for transforming how customer companies market in the social and mobile era.
Buddy Media is a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer product, a Certified Twitter Product for Engagement and a Google+ Engagement Solutions partner.
With Buddy Media, marketers can:
• Manage communications on the leading social networks – including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn – through one central interface.
• Utilize a single asset library to store frequently-used content such as images, videos, and sapplets, or host related files that can be accessed across an organization
• Deliver unique experiences for fans on social profiles with more than 50 social canvasses (“sapplets”)
• Understand how social media drives traffic, purchases and other conversions that impacts the bottom line
• Download a full copy of the Salesforce Buddy Media JetBlue ROI Case Study here: http://mrkt.rs/roijetblue
• View a video on how JetBlue connects with customers on social media at: http://youtu.be/J_GD1QNMp2A
• Like salesforce.com, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and JetBlue on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce, https://www.facebook.com/MarketingCloud, https://www.facebook.com/JetBlue?
• Follow @marketingcloud, @jetblue and @salesforce on Twitter
*The return on investment (ROI) percentage based on a case study conducted by Nucleus Research and sponsored by salesforce.com.
About Nucleus Research
Nucleus Research is a global provider of investigative, case-based technology research and advisory services that provide real-world insight into maximizing technology value. For more information, visit NucleusResearch.com or follow us on Twitter @NucleusResearch.
– See more at: http://nucleusresearch.com/news#sthash.LjNYlv0L.dpuf
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies of every size and industry to digitally transform and create a 360° view of their customers. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.