SAN FRANCISCO, CA – August 8, 2013 – MuleSoft, provider of the world”s most widely used integration platform to connect the New Enterprise, today announced continued momentum, with first half license revenue growth of 116 percent over the same period last year. This significant sales growth reflects accelerating demand for MuleSoft’s next generation integration solutions among New Enterprise companies moving to the cloud. MuleSoft is solving the $500 billion integration problem with its flagship Anypoint Platform™, the first and only complete integration platform to enable connectivity to any application, data service or API, across the entire cloud and on-premise continuum.
MuleSoft continues to grow at a record pace, reflecting market demand for its solutions. Key milestones for 1H 2013 include:
Financial Highlights and Customer Wins
- Achieved first half license revenue growth of 116 percent over the same period last year
- Announced a $37 million investment led by NEA; other investors included salesforce.com, as well as returning investors Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, SAP Ventures and Bay Partners
- Acquired ProgrammableWeb, the leading online destination used by developers worldwide to help build Web, mobile and other connected applications through APIs
- Added new customers worldwide, including ASOS, Australia Post, B/E Aerospace, City of Tampa, Copa Airlines, Equity Insurance Group, Harpercollins, Jafra Cosmetics, Restoration Hardware, Toyota Australia, University of Pennsylvania, and Verizon RedBox, along with many other leading enterprises across industries
- Accelerating momentum in MuleSoft’s partner ecosystem, including new partnerships with leading SaaS providers and systems integrators (SIs) such as Wipro, StackMob, ServiceSource, Clarizen and Appnovation
- Unveiled the Anypoint Platform—completed by the introduction of APIkit, Anypoint Service Registry and Anypoint API Manager—the next generation integration platform that creates a blueprint for the New Enterprise, without the need for costly, time-intensive point-to-point integration
- Announced global expansion for CloudHub, which is the first and only integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that allows developers a choice of geographic regions to deploy their integration applications on MuleSoft’s award-winning platform
- Achieved record growth and new milestones for Dataloader.io, the world”s first “no software” cloud-based data loader for Salesforce, with nearly 1.7 billion total records processed for over 25,000 Salesforce customers since its launch last year on Salesforce AppExchange
Company Milestones and Industry Accolades
- Appointed new General Counsel, Rob Horton, who formerly held General Counsel positions at Infoblox and BigBand Networks, and previously served at Borland Software and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Named software industry veteran Uri Sarid as Chief Technology Officer, who previously served in CTO and vice president roles at the NOOK Cloud for Barnes & Noble, eMeter Corporation and Aptana
- Hired 20-year media industry veteran David Berlind as Editor in Chief of ProgrammableWeb; Berlind most recently served the chief content officer at UBM TechWeb
- Expanded its global presence to meet increasing global demand with new regional headquarters in Sydney and Buenos Aires, as well as new offices in Atlanta and New York
- Held Mule Summit 2013: Connecting the New Enterprise, the industry’s premier integration event, with record attendance of over a thousand registered attendees across eight cities worldwide
- Recognized as one of the 2013 Bay Area News Group Top Workplaces, awarded “Best Integration Solution” in the SIIA CODiE awards, selected for Red Herring Top 100, acclaimed as one of the top companies in the San Francisco Bay Area”s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times and San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal, named to AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies, and winner of OnDemand Top 100 in the Cloud Application Platform Category
“We continue to see the mega-trends of SaaS, mobile and big data converging, creating not only massive opportunities, but also potentially deadly fragmentation,” said Greg Schott, president and CEO of MuleSoft. “Today’s winning companies are harnessing the explosion of applications, data, partners and customers, connecting and combining them to form a single high-performing entity. These New Enterprise organizations need the right integration platform to win, and MuleSoft has risen to the top as the de facto integration platform of choice.”
MuleSoft provides the most widely used integration platform to connect any application, data service or API, across the cloud and on-premise continuum. As SaaS, mobile and Big Data converge, enterprises face a choice: become overwhelmed by the resulting explosion of endpoints or seize the opportunity to gain competitive advantage. Companies can no longer compete with just the assets, technology and talent within their four walls. In the era of the New Enterprise, companies must combine an explosion of applications, data, partners and customers into a single, high performing entity. Founded on the idea that connecting applications should not be hard, MuleSoft helps organizations harness the power of their applications through integration. Delivered as a packaged integration experience that eliminates costly point-to-point code, MuleSoft”s Anypoint Platform combines Mule ESB, CloudHub and Anypoint Connectors with capabilities for API creation, publishing and management. Supporting billions of transactions per day, MuleSoft is used in production by global leaders in major industry verticals, including Walmart, MasterCard, Nokia, Nestlé and Honeywell, and powers integrations with leading SaaS vendors such as salesforce.com, NetSuite, Workday, Intuit and Box.
Learn more: www.MuleSoft.com
Read the blog: Blogs.MuleSoft.org
Follow us on Twitter: @MuleSoft
Salesforce empowers companies of every size and industry to connect with their customers through the power of data + AI + CRM + trust. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.