SAN FRANCISCO, CA – February 26, 2014 – MuleSoft, the company that makes it easy to connect applications, data and devices, today announced record results for fiscal year 2013, with 91 percent subscription revenue growth year-over-year. SaaS, big data and the Internet of Things are fueling a massive integration opportunity, and MuleSoft is at the center of these mega-trends, connecting disparate systems and technologies with a unified integration platform. Driving MuleSoft”s 2013 success was the global launch of Anypoint™ Platform, the only unified integration platform for SaaS, SOA and APIs. Leading-edge companies worldwide are using Anypoint Platform to connect in new ways with employees, partners, customers and devices.
“Companies today are experiencing an explosion of endpoints which must be connected. To meet this challenge, companies need a new approach to integration. We’ve built a single platform that can easily connect anything – from mainframe to Twitter,” said Greg Schott, president and CEO of MuleSoft. “We are experiencing tremendous adoption as companies put Anypoint Platform at the center of their business and technology initiatives. We continue to expand globally and accelerate our partner ecosystem to pursue our vision to connect the world.”
2013 Financial Highlights and Notable Company Milestones
- Achieved 91 percent growth in subscription revenues driven by customer satisfaction rates of more than 96 percent
- Added a record number of new customers and expansions by existing customers, including ASOS, B/E Aerospace, CareFusion, Equity Insurance Group, Gate Gourmet, Harpercollins, Kaplan International, New Zealand Post, Rent-A-Center, Restoration Hardware, Toyota Australia, University of Pennsylvania and Verizon RedBox, along with many other leading organizations across industries
- Deepened strategic partnerships and added new systems integrators (SIs) and SaaS providers to MuleSoft’s partner ecosystem, including Cloud Sherpas, Deloitte, Pactera, ServiceSource, StackMob and Wipro
- Surpassed 245 employees across seven offices worldwide, and added industry veterans to the company’s leadership team to support aggressive growth and drive continued global expansion, including: Uri Sarid, CTO; Rob Horton, general counsel; Brent Hayward, vice president of global channels and services; Matt Kilguss, vice president of North America; Dave Wyatt, vice president of EMEA; and Will Bosma, vice president of Asia Pacific
- Raised $37 million in Series E funding led by NEA, which brings the company’s total financing to $81 million; investors include salesforce.com, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, SAP Ventures and Bay Partners
- Acquired ProgrammableWeb, the popular online destination used by developers worldwide to help build Web, mobile and other connected applications through APIs; named David Berlind as editor-in-chief
- Held Mule Summit 2013: Connecting the New Enterprise, the industry’s premier integration event series, achieving record-breaking attendance with more than 2,150 people across 16 cities worldwide
- Unveiled Anypoint Platform, the only unified integration platform for SaaS, SOA and APIs, built to eliminate the pain and cost of point-to-point integration, unifying business processes across applications, data sources and APIs
- Strengthened leadership in enterprise cloud integration with CloudHub advancements, including multi-region support, network-level security for hybrid cloud scenarios, and high availability and disaster recovery for integration applications
- Released developer tooling for RAML (RESTful API Modeling Language), enabling any developer to build RESTful APIs that foster a standards-based, design-first approach
- Exceeded 41,000 users of Dataloader.io, the only free, cloud-based data loader for salesforce.com and the most popular app on Salesforce AppExchange
Industry Accolades and Awards
- Positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Application Services Governance and the Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Integration Suites
- Listed on the 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology companies in North America
- Named one of the top places to work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal as well as the Bay Area News Group
- Won “Best Integration Solution” in the SIIA CODiE Awards for CloudHub, the cloud integration engine for MuleSoft’s flagship Anypoint Platform
MuleSoft’s mission is to connect the world’s applications, data and devices. MuleSoft makes connecting anything easy with Anypoint Platform™, the only complete integration platform for SaaS, SOA and APIs. Thousands of organizations in 60 countries, from emerging brands to Global 500 enterprises, use MuleSoft to innovate faster and gain competitive advantage. http://www.mulesoft.com/
Salesforce empowers companies of every size and industry to connect with their customers through the power of data + AI + CRM + trust. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.