SAN FRANCISCO – CONNECT 2016 – May 25, 2016 – MuleSoft, provider of the leading platform for building application networks, today announced the next major release of Anypoint Platform™. This release introduces a whole new way companies connect, share and manage data and applications with application networks. An application network is built using APIs to connect applications, data and devices, making them pluggable and reusable. By making any application, data or device plug-and-play into an application network, companies can achieve business outcomes faster. With a modern approach to the API development lifecycle and a blueprint for building organization-wide reuse, this new release allows customers to put API-led connectivity at the center of their digital transformation strategies.
APIs are Key to Enabling Digital Transformation
Companies have aggressive plans for digital business transformation, and APIs play a key role in making this happen. With the pressure to deliver on business needs and meet digital transformation quickly, IT teams are responding by driving speed and agility through the use of APIs. APIs are igniting a cultural shift away from centralized IT and toward an open, collaborative environment.
According to Gartner, “APIs are everywhere. Everyday actions — such as posting a message on a social network, reading the news on a smartphone or buying a movie ticket online — are completed through API calls. We already live in an API economy. The API economy is a set of business models and channels based on secure access of functionality and exchange of data, which previously was limited to the scope of a specific internal project. It includes an ecosystem of employees, internal and third-party developers, startups, business partners, customers and others. This occurs within a company or on the internet with business ecosystem partners and customers, or even the general public.”
While the API economy is a massive opportunity for businesses, it presents an absolute need for IT to change. IT needs to find new ways to enable the business to build its own applications, analytics and new digital experiences demanded by their consumers. IT teams must move to a model where they deliver reusable assets — building blocks — that the business can build on top of to deliver outcomes. An application network, which seamlessly connects applications, data and devices within the enterprise and to external ecosystems, enables reuse by an entire organization to get the most value from IT assets and services on the network.
“Addison Lee is focused on creating new, bold and innovative transportation experiences for our customers. As we expand internationally and continue to build our application network, MuleSoft has been an indispensable partner and has enabled us to deliver innovative new business solutions faster,” said Peter Ingram, CTO, Addison Lee. “We recently launched the Addison Lee Open API to allow our partners to connect to Addison Lee’s data and services to develop their own applications and websites. By offering a library of reusable APIs, assets and services built on Anypoint Platform, we can provide the best experience together with partners for our customers and drivers. API-led connectivity will be critical to our digital strategy moving forward.”
New Release of Anypoint Platform Redefines How IT Delivers Business Outcomes with Application Networks
MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform is a complete solution for API-led connectivity that creates a seamless application network of apps, data, and devices, both on-premises and in the cloud. The latest Anypoint Platform release enables customers to put API-led connectivity at the heart of their digital transformation strategies. Together with Catalyst™, MuleSoft’s proven model for driving business outcomes, customers can achieve business transformation through people, process and technology.
Anypoint Platform June 2016 release highlights include:
Re-architected API development lifecycle provides rails for building pluggable nodes for application networks, regardless of application or data type
- Friction-free experience for designing and implementing APIs: New API designer functionality embedded in Anypoint Studio™ allows multiple stakeholders, including API designers, back-end developers and app developers, to collaborate and iterate on API designs within their native workspaces. Teams can move through the API development lifecycle without switching between environments, reducing process friction and dramatically increasing the speed of API delivery.
- Early access support for RAML 1.0: Leveraging the full power of RAML® 1.0, API developers can now create and reuse design libraries across network components, improving design consistency and speeding API delivery. Annotations and YAML-based examples enhance human readability, easing collaboration and developer onboarding.
- SOAP support in APIkit: In addition to RAML and OData, development of SOAP APIs now take full advantage of the power of APIkit, enabling developers to automatically generate Mule flows from WSDLs with a few clicks. This enables an API-led connectivity approach across more types of APIs across the enterprise.
- More legacy data types available in DataWeave: Define schemas with YAML-based syntax and automatically map schemas with pluggable data connectors for fixed width, flat file, as well as COBOL copybook in beta
- Expanded connector portfolio: New connectors for Box, Kafka, Redis and Zuora, as well as updated connectors for SAP, Salesforce and Workday, allow more systems than ever to participate in application networks.
Expanded governance delivers self-service across application networks through existing organizational controls
- Business Groups support in Anypoint Exchange™: Assign and allocate reusable assets to business teams that need them, boosting their speed while maintaining granular control. Leverage existing organizational structures to ensure that visibility and access to network resources are provided only to authorized users.
- Global policies: Deliver self-service with confidence by applying prebuilt policies universally across application network resources.
New management features enhance application network visibility and compliance
- Proactive alerting for Anypoint Platform resources: Configure alerts across APIs, application and underlying servers to provide proactive visibility into application network issues before they impact the business.
- Audit logging: Ensure changes to an application network are known and understood and auditable with a non-repudiable log that ensures compliance.
“Leading companies are building application networks of apps, data and devices to fundamentally change the pace of innovation. With every new service and API, they add more value to their application network,” said Mark Dao, chief product officer, MuleSoft. “This major new release of Anypoint Platform allows customers to change the clock speed at which they can deliver on business outcomes through API-led connectivity. Application networks enable reuse, standardization and agility, principles that are at the core of Anypoint Platform.”
Gartner, Inc., “Industry Vision: Turning Your Business Into a Platform” by Kristin R. Moyer, Paolo Malinverno, May 9, 2016.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner”s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Anypoint Platform
MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform™ is a complete solution for API-led connectivity that creates a seamless application network of apps, data, and devices, both on-premises and in the cloud. This hybrid integration platform includes iPaaS, ESB, and a unified solution for API management, design and publishing.
MuleSoft makes it easy to connect the world”s applications, data and devices. With our market-leading Anypoint Platform™, companies are building application networks to fundamentally change the pace of innovation. MuleSoft’s API-led approach to connectivity gives companies new ways to reach their customers, employees and partners. Organizations in more than 60 countries, from emerging companies to Global 500 corporations, use MuleSoft to transform their businesses. To find out how, visit https://www.mulesoft.com.
MuleSoft is a registered trademark of MuleSoft, Inc. All other marks are those of respective owners.
Salesforce empowers companies of every size and industry to connect with their customers through the power of data + AI + CRM + trust. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.