As the world continues to grapple with COVID-19, organizations are navigating constantly evolving public health guidance at the city, county and state level. Now more than ever businesses need access to reliable and trusted COVID-19 data to make critical decisions that keep employees safe as they reopen locations to serve customers. New data sources now available in the COVID-19 Data Platform provide leaders with a more holistic view of local response to the virus, empowering quick decision-making via Tableau visualization in the Work.com Command Center. The new data sources are also available as an open API in MuleSoft’s Anypoint Exchange, MuleSoft’s public marketplace for connectors, integration templates, and prebuilt APIs.
Critical new data sources currently available and coming to the COVID-19 Data Platform include:
- Public health data regarding cases, testing and hospital capacity, updated daily from the New York Times, USAFacts, COVID Tracking Project, and the EU Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. These will be soon augmented with the highly regarded John Hopkins University dataset, and important predictive models from the University of Texas, Los Alamos, and MIT.
- Government guidance (non-pharmaceutical intervention) data provided by the Kaiser Family Foundation, University of Oxford and the University of Washington empowers organizations to track the fast-moving policy environments in the regions they operate in including sheltering, mask, and social distancing guidelines; school closings; commercial and public event restrictions; economic response programs; and restrictions on local and international travel.
Additionally, new collaboration functionality is now available in Crisis Response Developer Portal, MuleSoft’s developer resource for COVID-19 APIs and integrations. Now with the ability to submit new integration assets and participate in forums, polls and discussions, developers can share the most successful integrations and use cases while supporting a coordinated response to the virus.
MuleSoft’s unique approach to connectivity allows IT to reuse APIs and integrations as composable building blocks, ensuring that each project completed also builds a foundation for developers to leverage in future projects instead of starting from scratch. By harnessing the power of API-led connectivity, MuleSoft’s solutions allow organizations to quickly deliver connected experiences, inform safe return-to-work strategies, and accelerate digital transformation in the new normal.
MuleSoft customers unlock data with APIs to lead through change
With API-led connectivity, CIOs and IT leaders have been able to respond to COVID-19 by scaling to support new business demands and lead through change in a matter of weeks.
- New South Wales Health Pathology’s initial project with MuleSoft sought to expand testing from laboratories to healthcare facilities so patients can get quality-endorsed results faster. To set up the testing process, NSWHP took an API-led approach and used MuleSoft to integrate 350 testing devices from its health facilities to systems across its 60 laboratories within three months. NSWHP’s engineers and architects leveraged APIs as building blocks to securely connect Point of Care (PoC) devices to electronic health record (EHR) systems, which contained each patient’s pathology results. Now, every provider has a 360-degree view of their patients and can provide them the best possible care.
- For retail businesses, consumer behaviors have changed forever as the current landscape prompts consumers to stay indoors and shop through digital channels. One business navigating accelerating this digital innovation is WatchBox, one of the world’s leading platform for pre-owned luxury watches. The core of WatchBox’s business is the management of its physical goods inventory. Legacy processes managed inventory and posted it on websites. Now with API enabled systems, WatchBox’s inventory management system is now a key source to “MuleSoft’s powerful engine that is bringing thousands of SKUs live on five different global websites,” said Shri Ballal, CTO at WatchBox.
- Indiana Department of Child Services is using MuleSoft and Salesforce for state-wide connectivity across all of its systems. In child welfare and child support, teams needed data from the state’s health department, such as shot and immunization records. The Department of Child Services was able to quickly reuse the APIs already created, unlocking, and consuming the necessary data from the Department of Health. On the building operations front, the state needed to manage employee access to 92 state buildings to ensure social distancing compliance and adequate PPE and hand sanitizer distribution. They used an API already built with MuleSoft to make it happen.
Leverage MuleSoft solutions to move quickly and complete critical IT projects faster
- Access the COVID-19 Data Platform via Work.com, Anypoint Exchange or Tableau COVID-19 Data Hub
- Access pre-built integration templates and APIs and collaborate with the global developer community with Crisis Response Developer Portal
- Easily integrate data from Workday into Work.com with MuleSoft Accelerator for Work.com. New updates bring employee location and organization data into Work.com, making it easier to create safe, personalized return to work protocols for employees.
- Unlock electronic healthcare record data, easily connect to Salesforce Health Cloud and meet interoperability compliance requirements with MuleSoft Accelerator for Healthcare
- MuleSoft is making critical integration skills available to anyone anywhere with the new MuleSoft Integration Trailblazer Trails, available here
- Hear candid commentary from tech leaders on what’s working, what’s not and best practices for your business in “CIOs Unfiltered,” a new webcast series giving you an inside look at how tech leaders are navigating the new digital imperative.
About Anypoint Platform
MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform™ is the world’s #1 integration and API platform. It uniquely allows organizations to use API-led connectivity to unlock their data, empower their business with productized APIs, and create connected experiences, faster. Anypoint Platform is the only solution that offers a single, unified platform for iPaaS and full lifecycle API management, both on-premises and in the cloud.
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
MuleSoft, provider of the world’s #1 integration and API platform, makes it easy to connect data from any system – no matter where it resides – to create connected experiences, faster. Thousands of organizations across industries rely on MuleSoft to realize speed, agility and innovation at scale. For more information, visit https://www.mulesoft.com.
Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), bringing companies closer to their customers in the digital age. Founded in 1999, Salesforce enables companies of every size and industry to take advantage of powerful technologies—cloud, mobile, social, internet of things, artificial intelligence, voice and blockchain—to create a 360-degree view of their customers. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
MuleSoft is a registered trademark of MuleSoft, Inc., a Salesforce company. All other marks are those of respective owners.