Why it matters: The majority (87%) of IT leaders expect more investment in automation over the next 18 months. By using automation and AI, Sunnova is providing more accessible and affordable solar power to homeowners around the United States, while scaling its operations to create a more sustainable future.
Innovation in action: Sunnova is on a mission to transform the solar power landscape, with a goal of extending services to the 96 million American homeowners without solar energy. Using MuleSoft and Salesforce Flow Sunnova was able to:
- Connect data from its more than 900 data sources, including its network of solar dealers, internal financial and operational systems, and third-party data sources, to create a more efficient and cost-effective installation and management process, and a single source of truth about every customer.
- Transform its entire operational process, from initial quote to installation efficiency to solar performance analytics for its customers.
Go deeper: Today, MuleSoft plays a pivotal role in revolutionizing Sunnova’s operations, integrating AI and real-time dealer and customer data to create efficient, customer-centric solutions. This includes:
- Generating Quotes Faster: Using Anypoint Platform, Sunnova was able to provide sales reps with homeowner data and location-specific information at their fingertips with real-time customer updates. This helped reduce their average lead-to-contract time from one week to just under 15 minutes.
- Automating Routine Tasks: With Salesforce automation, Sunnova can automatically snapshot energy production and register systems for state and local incentives, reducing manual tasks by almost four hours per day.
- Expediting Payments: Sunnova’s finance team uses MuleSoft RPA to expedite payment processing for customers, making it faster and easier for homeowners to benefit from solar energy.
- Powering the Future with AI: Because Sunnova can easily see data from third-party systems like grid services and solar meter providers, it can easily track the performance of its hardware and automatically create a work order in Service Cloud. Service agents can then resolve cases faster using predictive AI from Einstein for Service that recommends the right preventative maintenance for each homeowner.
- Accelerating Solar Installation and Inventory Management: Sunnova plans to expand its use of MuleSoft automation by enabling installers to simply read and categorize hardware barcodes on installed solar panels to automatically identify the parts, categorize, and update the company’s inventory system, and create a new installation record that includes all relevant information. With nearly 500 installations daily, reducing even a few minutes on each barcode saves the company time.
Salesforce perspective: “Inefficient processes, opaque performance, and limited analytics on cost savings are preventing many homeowners from switching to clean energy. By automating manual tasks, integrating disparate systems, and providing a unified view of every customer, MuleSoft is helping Sunnova scale its operations, offer more personalized customer experiences, and lead the charge in disrupting the energy industry.” – Param Kahlon, EVP, GM, Automation and Integration
By automating manual tasks, integrating disparate systems, and providing a unified view of every customer, MuleSoft is helping Sunnova scale its operations, offer more personalized customer experiences, and lead the charge in disrupting the energy industry.Param Kahlon, EVP, GM, Automation and Integration
Customer perspective: “Sunnova is on the path to disrupting the energy industry — powered by technology and better customer experiences. With MuleSoft, we’re able to personalize and increase productivity every step of the way. It’s clear to us that MuleSoft automation and AI will play a pivotal role in Sunnova’s future, driving efficiency, innovation, and customer satisfaction as we work to achieve a more sustainable future.” – John Berger, Founder and CEO, Sunnova