- New AI innovations automatically schedule appointments, predict job duration and necessary equipment, provide detailed briefings before arrival at the jobsite, and reduce time spent on invoicing and paperwork so mobile workers can focus on completing jobs fast and driving revenue
- Data Cloud gives companies a real-time view of asset condition, maintenance, and repair history, so they can proactively schedule services and keep equipment working with minimal downtime
- Customers including AAA – The Auto Club Group, Pella, and Ryder System, Inc. use Salesforce Field Service to drive operational efficiencies, generate revenue, and deliver fast service to customers
Salesforce today announced new AI-powered Field Service innovations to help organizations across industries streamline field operations, increase productivity, and drive revenue while delivering trusted customer experiences.
With these new AI-powered capabilities, customers can self-book appointments and track the progress of their service visit on the messaging channel of their choice. And mobile workers can predict job duration and ensure they have the parts and equipment they need for a job; reserve work capacity to meet demand; and auto-generate briefings with the relevant data they need in advance of service calls.
The power of AI, data, and CRM: Application rates for young people seeking work as skilled tradespeople dropped almost 50% from 2020-2022 in the United States alone. Salesforce Field Service empowers organizations to equip teams with the same AI-powered tools used in their offices, ensuring companies have enough skilled, productive employees to keep their businesses thriving, and helping the next generation of frontline workers benefit from the AI revolution.
The news: Salesforce Field Service helps organizations turn routine service calls into revenue-driving opportunities. With Salesforce Field Service, teams can:
- Respond faster with AI-powered Self-Service
- Appointment Assistant is now available across multiple Salesforce products like Einstein Bots, and all messaging channels, including SMS, online chat and Apple Messages for Business. This enables customers to book and reschedule appointments, and check when their technician is on the way, reducing call volume and no-shows.
- Increase workforce efficiencies with AI-powered insights
- Proactive service with Data Cloud combines a unified view of customers and their assets — including customer purchase details, service history, and IoT signals on machine health — all in real time and at scale. With this unified data, Einstein can automatically schedule service appointments and job duration, the necessary parts or tools needed, and the right technician for the job.
- Work Capacity Management lets companies reserve capacity for work they want to prioritize, like new installations, high-value customers, or unexpected service needs to meet customer demand.
- Drive frontline productivity with AI-powered field tools
- External Knowledge Search answers speeds up service delivery by leveraging generative AI to ensure frontline teams have access to the right customer, asset, and service history data prior to jobs. With AI-powered work summarization and onsite search answers, grounded in a trusted knowledge base, frontline teams can reduce mundane administrative work searching for answers and spend more time solving customer challenges.
- Augmented reality capabilities with Apple’s ARKit help to measure, scan a room, and enable barcode scanning to speed up accurate data capture and get the job done faster.
- Mobile quoting and document builder helps companies quickly create documents like invoices to complete work fast.
- Salesforce Pay Now provides payment capabilities within the mobile app, empowering frontline workers to collect payment and generate upsell opportunities from one place, on the digital channels they’re already using.
- “The rise of generative AI and related technologies is going to fundamentally change how work gets done, but the focus so far has largely centered on use cases for desk workers. That changes now. With the latest Field Service innovations, we are empowering the mobile workforce with the AI tools and real-time data needed to efficiently handle jobs and offload time-consuming administrative tasks, so they can focus on their craft, deliver great service, and generate revenue for their companies.” – Taksina Eammano, EVP and GM of Field Service, Salesforce
With the latest Field Service innovations, we are empowering the mobile workforce with the AI tools and real-time data needed to efficiently handle jobs and offload time-consuming administrative tasks, so they can focus on their craft, deliver great service, and generate revenue for their companies.Taksina Eammano, EVP and GM of Field Service, Salesforce
- “Our ability to deliver proactive service rather than ‘firefighting’ ensures our customers and employees stay with Pella. AI-first field service will make our work faster, safer, and help get installs right the first time” – Nick Mraz, Strategic Installation Manager, Pella
- “Our goal is to deliver more personalized member engagement, make our processes more efficient and cost-effective, and drive innovation across our team within a safe and trusted environment.” – Shohreh Abedi, EVP, Chief Operations Technology Officer and Member Experience, AAA – The Auto Club Group
- “With AI, we’re exploring opportunities for transforming our team productivity. We’re enhancing our capabilities to drive efficiency, including reducing our appointment times, enhancing decision-making, and creating a new horizon of operational excellence.” – Rob Pluta, Chief Technology Officer and VP of New Products, Ryder System, Inc
Pricing and availability:
- Field Service GPT, currently in pilot, will be included in Field Service Unlimited Edition and includes a limited number of Einstein GPT credits.
- As usage grows, customers can purchase Enterprise Expansion packs for Service teams.
- Initially, only Field Service customers who purchased Unlimited Edition will be eligible to use GPT-powered capabilities.