Today at Connections 2023, Salesforce announced that Cushman & Wakefield is making significant strides in its sustainability efforts by becoming the first commercial real estate company to adopt Net Zero Cloud on a global scale.
Significance: The real estate sector accounts for approximately 40% of greenhouse gas emissions globally. By leveraging Net Zero Cloud’s solutions, the global commercial real estate services firm will be among the first in its industry to be able to track, analyze, and report reliable environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data and insights with the benefit of Salesforce expertise. Cushman & Wakefield will then use that data to effectively reduce its carbon footprint.
- Cushman & Wakefield set ambitious emissions reduction targets from its corporate operations and from the facilities it manages on behalf of its clients, which are some of the world’s largest commercial real estate owners and occupiers. Their targets include:
- Reducing absolute scope 1 and 2 emissions across its corporate offices and operations by 50% by 2030 from a 2019 baseline year.
- Engaging key clients representing 70% of scope 3 emissions at the firm’s managed properties to set science-based targets by 2025.
- Reaching net zero emissions across its entire value chain (scopes 1, 2, and 3) by 2050.
- Net Zero Cloud uses Einstein AI to deliver actionable insights using what-if analysis aligned to science-based targets and forecasting.
- It also powers insightful AI-powered reports and visual dashboards to easily identify areas of inefficiencies and high emissions to create tangible plans to become more sustainable.
- “Cushman & Wakefield is deeply committed to building a more sustainable future for our industry and world, which makes enhancing how we track and report ESG progress an important step in our journey. Implementing Salesforce Net Zero Cloud, in tandem with our experts’ focus on transforming our own and our clients’ operations, further sets us on the right path to achieving net zero GHG emissions.” – Nathaniel Robinson, Chief Investment Officer & EVP of Strategic Planning, Cushman & Wakefield
We’re excited to collaborate with Cushman & Wakefield so they can drive change at scale in the commercial real estate industry with AI, data, and CRM, and use these tools to reach their net zero goals faster.Ari Alexander, VP and GM of Salesforce Net Zero Cloud
- “We put transformational digital solutions into the hands of our customers, providing a comprehensive view of their carbon footprint so they can take meaningful action. We’re excited to collaborate with Cushman & Wakefield so they can drive change at scale in the commercial real estate industry with AI, data, and CRM, and use these tools to reach their net zero goals faster.” – Ari Alexander, VP and GM of Salesforce Net Zero Cloud
- Cushman & Wakefield was among the first group of companies to have its net zero commitment approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) a global body enabling businesses to set ambitious emissions reductions targets in line with the latest climate science, under its newly released net zero standard in 2022.
- Cushman & Wakefield demonstrates its commitment to sustainability by helping create environmentally responsible properties for their own corporate operations and on behalf of its clients. Focus areas include:
- Energy Efficiency: The firm implements energy management systems and retrofits properties with energy-saving technologies.
- Sustainable Building Certifications: They also pursue LEED, BREEAM, WELL, and Fitwel certifications for properties, ensuring adherence to sustainability standards.
- Waste Management: Cushman & Wakefield also establishes and manages waste reduction and recycling programs to minimize waste generation and achieve a circular economy.
- Water Conservation: The firm implements water-saving measures, such as low-flow fixtures and smart irrigation systems, to reduce water consumption.