Today, Salesforce announced several new innovations for Commerce Cloud that help customers integrate digital commerce experiences into sales, service, and marketing channels. With new capabilities like Pay Now, Snapchat for Commerce, Reorder Portal, and Order Support, companies can more efficiently create purchasing experiences anywhere and drive revenue with AI, data, and CRM.
Why it matters: Customers use an average of nine channels to engage with brands, and 76% prefer to use different channels for engagement depending on their needs. Companies that can meet customers on the channel of their choice and provide a consistent experience across them stand to win.
What’s new: With new embedded apps and integrations from Commerce Cloud, businesses will be able to:
- Automate reorders and engage repeat buyers with a personalized, self-service Reorder Portal that leverages Next Best Actions powered by Einstein AI.
- For example, a manufacturing company that sells HVAC equipment can invite previous buyers of air filters to a portal where they can access all past orders and easily reorder more without having to call their sales rep.
- Transform their service organization from a cost center to a revenue generator by embedding Order Support. With agents, bots, self-service actions and knowledge articles addressing order management requests, Order Support can surface sales opportunities during service interactions by recommending relevant products.
- For example, with Order Support, an agent can use Einstein AI-powered recommendations to identify new sales opportunities — such as an offer to add a pair of matching socks to a customer’s suit purchase – increasing the value of the order during a customer service interaction.
- Collect payment more efficiently by embedding a checkout link into any Salesforce application with Pay Now, a new Salesforce Payments feature. Pay Now gives customers the flexibility to transact immediately on the digital channels they’re already using.
- For example, using Pay Now, a field service agent can send a payment link to the customer as a text, email, or report directly from their app as they complete the service request, and collect payment before leaving the job site.
- Reach new audiences by leveraging Snapchat for Commerce to soon create ads on the platform, increasing product discoverability and directing Snapchatters back to the storefront or allowing them to checkout directly in the app.
Salesforce perspective: “With the latest Commerce Cloud apps for sales, service, and marketing, businesses can take an all-encompassing approach to commerce, transforming every customer touchpoint into a transaction opportunity. When coupled with data, AI, and CRM, brands gain the ability to anticipate customer needs and build faster, more seamless buying experiences that drive sales.” – Michael Affronti, GM and SVP of Commerce Cloud, Salesforce
With the latest Commerce Cloud apps for sales, service, and marketing, businesses can take an all-encompassing approach to commerce, transforming every customer touchpoint into a transaction opportunity. When coupled with data, AI, and CRM, brands gain the ability to anticipate customer needs and build faster, more seamless buying experiences that drive sales.Michael Affronti, GM and SVP of Commerce Cloud, Salesforce
Customer perspective: “Salesforce Commerce Cloud continues to provide us with the increased visibility and insights, AI-powered capabilities, and automation that has helped our team build a more consistent and personalized experience, grow our business, and deliver on our core values so we can keep our customers ready for the next adventure.” — Vab Dwivedi, VP, eCommerce, YETI
About Commerce Cloud
Commerce Cloud powers commerce everywhere with AI, data, and CRM, offering customers the most innovative, flexible storefronts for their business. Built on the Salesforce Platform, Commerce Cloud delivers embedded commerce experiences with easy use cases that drive revenue immediately.
- Find out more about Commerce Cloud here
- Discover four intelligent approaches to commerce here
- Reorder Portal,Pay Now and Order Support are generally available now
- Snapchat for Commerce is currently in pilot testing and will GA later this year*
*Any unreleased services or features referenced here may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers should make their purchasing decisions based upon features that are currently available.