Future of Work
Salesforce Expands Work.com to Enhance Employee Wellbeing, Accelerate Talent Development, and Streamline Support
- Research shows employees dissatisfied with their work technology are more than twice as likely to leave their job in the next year
- New Work.com innovations give employees the technology they need to succeed working from home, in the office, or in a hybrid model – on one platform
Salesforce today announced a significant expansion of Work.com – the unified employee experience platform to support a hybrid workforce. New products include Work.com Wellbeing to enhance employee wellness, Work.com Talent to accelerate learning and career growth, and Employee Service offerings that automate support to increase productivity.
This builds on Work.com’s existing employee experience products, including Employee Workspace, a digital desk where employees can access work resources and apps; Employee Concierge, an intelligent help desk that empowers employees to find answers to questions; and IT Service Center, which helps IT teams resolve problems fast and keep devices secure.
While most employees prefer the flexibility of hybrid work, remote employees can feel isolated or have less access to career opportunities and company resources than those in the office. Organizations must bridge this gap with technology that empowers all employees to succeed. Effective technology also leads directly to improved retention – new research shows that employees dissatisfied with their work technology are more than twice as likely to leave their job in the next year than those who are satisfied.
“The employee experience has become a central tenet of modern talent management strategies, and is a paradigm that has the potential to drive better business outcomes in recruitment, retention and employee development,” said Conner Forrest, Senior Analyst with 451 Research, part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, in “Why the employee experience is the new customer experience” report. “Workers want to be provided with the same contextual, relevant, feedback-driven experiences they are offered as a customer. The employee experience is an avenue through which that can be achieved.”
The employee experience has become a central tenet of modern talent management strategies, and is a paradigm that has the potential to drive better business outcomes in recruitment, retention and employee development.Conner Forrest, Senior Analyst with 451 Research, S&P Global Market Intelligence
“We now have an incredible opportunity to intentionally transform the employee experience,” said Patrick Stokes, EVP & GM of Platform, Salesforce. “This is a pivotal moment for business leaders to ensure hybrid work is productive and fulfilling for everyone. Those that take the lead will attract the best talent. Those that don’t, won’t.”
Enhance wellbeing to prevent burnout and help employees thrive
Work.com Wellbeing is designed to help employees understand and improve their physical, emotional, social, financial, and professional wellbeing. Employees can complete confidential wellness checks and personal planning reviews in their Employee Workspace, directly in the flow of their work. Based on their responses, they receive relevant content from a Wellbeing bot, such as tips on how to reduce stress or how to connect with a financial advisor.
Leaders can gain data-driven insights that empower them to identify workforce trends and help them focus on employees’ wellbeing. For example, if employees report a sudden spike in work stress, leadership can take appropriate action like offering greater work-life balance resources and reducing meetings.
To help deliver Work.com Wellbeing, Salesforce is partnering with wellness experts including Thrive Global to deliver actionable wellbeing content to employees. Partner content will be available via the Salesforce AppExchange.
“We’re delighted to be expanding our partnership with Salesforce as we enter a hybrid world of work, with all of its challenges and possibilities,” said Arianna Huffington, Founder and CEO, Thrive Global. “As a wellbeing partner for Work.com, Thrive will help employees and companies take a whole-human approach to wellbeing by giving them the tools they need to be at their best in every aspect of their lives. Together, Salesforce and Thrive have an opportunity to redefine the way we work, at precisely the moment when it is most needed.”
Together, Salesforce and Thrive have an opportunity to redefine the way we work, at precisely the moment when it is most needed.Arianna Huffington, Founder and CEO, Thrive Global
Accelerate learning and talent development to foster career growth
With Work.com Talent, employees get a single view of their skills, development goals, and potential career paths; receive personalized career guidance, such as learning recommendations and content from Trailhead, Salesforce’s free online learning platform; and can easily discover internal roles that align with their interests and career goals.
Simultaneously, managers and HR teams get actionable insights into their workforce. For example, they can now identify people within the organization that may have the skills needed to complete a new project or take on a new role, providing the ability to identify internal talent for new opportunities, as well as improve employee engagement and support career growth.
“Jacobs is committed to building a world-class culture where employees can engage, excel, and elevate themselves within our company,” said Shannon Miller, Senior Vice President of Enterprise Risk Management and Talent Experience, Jacobs. “With the help of Salesforce’s employee-centric technology, we’ve built a talent management platform where our people are poised to realize their career aspirations and succeed at Jacobs – particularly in new, modern ways of working, whether they’re in the office, remote, or a hybrid of both. With talent management being a key component of what we’ve solved for at Jacobs, we’re thrilled to see Salesforce building similar functionality into Work.com.”
With the help of Salesforce’s employee-centric technology, we’ve built a talent management platform where our people are poised to realize their career aspirations and succeed at Jacobs – particularly in new, modern ways of working, whether they’re in the office, remote, or a hybrid of both.Shannon Miller, Senior Vice President of Enterprise Risk Management and Talent Experience, Jacobs
Streamline employee support to increase productivity
New Employee Service offerings will make employee self-service more intelligent and intuitive. These include:
- HR Service Center streamlines traditionally complex and disparate HR processes, like employee onboarding or short-term leave paperwork, into one integrated experience. Employees can quickly search for answers about HR policies and benefits, or complete HR tasks like updating a direct deposit or applying for a corporate credit card. HR teams manage requests through a dedicated service console with AI-powered recommendations that automate case resolution to help both them and employees move fast.
- Service Catalog offers employees a consumer-like menu of company products and services that they can easily request, like a new laptop or request to fix their mobile device. With Service Catalog, organizations can automate requests for common products and services across any departments – saving employees and fulfillment teams time.
- Employee Concierge Bots are AI-powered chatbots that help employees get answers to questions fast by surfacing knowledge articles and escalation paths in a conversational chat experience, across any department.
“At Parsons, we leverage Concierge, Knowledge Management, and Salesforce’s out-of-the-box automation to drive self-service and enhance the HR experience by empowering the employee,” said James Villena, Director, Salesforce Product Management, Parsons Corporation. “This means concise, just-in-time article content in Concierge and automatic case routing to case owners to help the employee get answers fast so they can have a frictionless experience and do what they do best: use their skills to make Parsons an amazing place to work.”
Pricing and Availability
- HR Service Center and Employee Concierge Bots are expected to be generally available in July 2021. Pricing information will be made available at general availability.
- Work.com Wellbeing, Work.com Talent and Service Catalog are expected to be generally available in November 2021. Pricing information will be made available at general availability.
- To learn more about how companies are helping employees succeed in a hybrid workforce, visit Work.com.
- Learn more about Salesforce’s HR Service Center here.
- For more insight into workplace wellbeing trends, read Salesforce’s new research Snapshot.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this post is not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. For more information please visit www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE..