Salesforce Announces Patient 360 for Health Innovations to Help Lower Costs and Deliver More Efficient Care for Patient Success Now
- Patient 360 for Health innovations help Salesforce’s healthcare ecosystem deliver success with cost-efficient tools and automation to help increase productivity.
- Innovations including Behavioral Health, Advanced Therapy Management, Salesforce Genie for Healthcare, and Care Coordination to help deliver patient success now, all on a single platform.
- According to Salesforce’s 2022 Success Metrics Global Highlights study, healthcare and life sciences organizations using Salesforce are seeing an average 25%* savings on operational costs.
Today, Salesforce announced new Patient 360 for Health innovations that provide cost-saving automation, personalized intelligence, and real-time data for healthcare and life sciences organizations to deliver comprehensive patient success and equitable care with greater efficiency. Salesforce customers including Advanced Recovery Systems, bluebird bio, and John Muir Health are now tapping into these new capabilities to build on existing Patient 360 solutions.
Amid macroeconomic turbulence, the healthcare industry is on a costly path to post-pandemic recovery. Of the nearly $4 trillion spent on healthcare annually in the United States, administrative spending makes up about one-quarter of the total cost. What’s more, the healthcare industry is experiencing crisis-level labor shortages, with California and New York projected to lose half a million healthcare workers by 2026, making hiring more expensive than ever.
With headwinds like these, organizations are under pressure to become more efficient and do more with less. They must deliver success now, to their patients and to other stakeholders.
Today’s organizations must invest in streamlined solutions that increase time-to-value, cost savings, and efficiency without compromising patient outcomes. Patient 360 for Health innovations give customers cost-saving automation, personalized intelligence, and real-time data tools to help deliver patient success now — even in the face of increasing costs and labor shortages.LaShonda Anderson-Williams, Chief Revenue Officer for Healthcare and Life Sciences, Salesforce
Patient 360 for Health Innovations
Now, Patient 360 for Health is built to put the patient at the center of everything. The full list of innovations can be found here.
- With Behavioral Health, teams can personalize engagement for patients at each step of their care journey and provide access to mental and behavioral health services more efficiently to help address behavioral health inequities.
- Advanced Therapy Management helps pharmaceutical companies streamline and maintain full visibility around the entire advanced therapy treatment processes for patients – from referrals, apheresis, and multiple appointment scheduling to drug manufacturing and administration – by connecting everyone involved in a patient’s therapy journey.
- Salesforce Genie for Healthcare integrates real-time clinical data, such as past and current medications, and non-clinical data, such as social determinants of health, to create a more comprehensive patient profile.
From one single platform, Patient 360 for Health innovations can help:
- Behavioral health specialists now quickly get up to speed on a patient’s full history — including social determinants of health like social & community context and educational status — and share standardized assessments in real time to capture critical patient information.
- Crisis center counselors now identify risks in real time. They can de-escalate patients calling into a hotline like 988 because they are experiencing a mental health crisis and follow up to refer them to appropriate resources to help get them any necessary care.
- Treatment center care coordinators now book all of the visits for a patient receiving advanced therapy at the same time, from initial referral and consent, to blood sampling, infusion, and post-treatment care.
- Care managers now receive automatic notifications when a patient’s health, social or clinical score has dropped – due to factors like losing access to transportation or missing an appointment – so they can quickly coordinate in Slack and intervene and help get the patient back on track with a care plan.
- Medical device companies can now provide customers in need of a device, such as a knee brace, with access to additional products from other brands that will speed up their recovery time, such as vitamins or footwear, all from one website.
Industry leaders use Patient 360 to deliver better patient experiences
Salesforce recently surveyed 3,500 customers to understand how the technology was impacting their businesses and found that healthcare and life sciences organizations using Salesforce are seeing an average 25%* savings on operational costs. Companies like Advanced Recovery Systems, bluebird bio, and John Muir Health are also using Salesforce to deliver patient-centered care.
- “Using Salesforce Patient 360 for Health, we stood up our customer digital health platform, Nobu, in less than a month,” said Allison Walsh, VP of Business Development at Advanced Recovery Systems. “With this technology, we’ve been able to offer our patients telehealth services and other behavioral health tools in real time to stay engaged with them along their entire journey.”
- “As a cell and gene therapy company, one of the challenges we face is how to keep patients at the center of the entire journey,” said Neary Detrick, Senior Director of EDMA & Cell and Gene Therapy Solutions at bluebird bio. “We selected Salesforce Patient 360 for Health because it helps keep our processes simple while engaging our hospitals and employees at scale.”
- “One of the biggest challenges health systems face today is providing a unified, complete picture of the patient to the doctors, hospitals, and care facilities that serve them,” said David Hook, Executive Director of Marketing & Digital Consumer Experience at John Muir Health. “With Salesforce Genie for Health and other technology from across Salesforce’s Patient 360, we’re able to put the patient at the center of everything we do and provide the trusted support they expect from John Muir Health.”
Extending new Patient 360 innovations through the Salesforce partner ecosystem
Salesforce has an extensive partner ecosystem providing unique experience and solutions for the healthcare and life sciences industries, including consulting partners Accenture, Deloitte Digital, Huron, KPMG, PwC, Slalom, and Torrent Consulting. ISV partners such as CareJourney, Populi, and Verifiable extend and complement Patient 360 for Health, and the AppExchange Healthcare and Life Sciences Collection features partner apps and experts that help companies better use real-time patient and provider data.
- Dive deeper into the latest updates for Patient 360 for Health here.
- To learn how Salesforce is delivering on its promise of patient success now, go here.
- Learn how customers like John Muir Health are using Salesforce Patient 360 to unify their data and build a more complete picture of their patients here.
- Watch how bluebird bio is using Salesforce’s Advanced Therapy Management to improve accessibility, affordability, and outcomes for patients here.
- To learn more about Salesforce Genie, click here.
*Source: 2022 Salesforce Success Metrics Global Highlights study.