How Companies Are Using Tableau Across Industries and Around the World to Unlock Actionable Insights
Salesforce has released its latest earnings report, which shows how companies around the world are turning to Salesforce to digitally transform their businesses. Tableau had an especially strong showing, and was included in each of the top 10 deals closed during the quarter.
The bigger picture: The business intelligence market is expanding and it’s no longer just analysts who need access to data tools, it’s the entire workforce. The latest IDC Software Tracker forecast reports that the Analytics and Business Intelligence Software market will reach $43 billion by 2026, up from $33 billion this year1.
The Tableau perspective: “Data is critical to the success of every organization, helping leaders make decisions and unlock insights. Tableau, the world’s leading analytics platform, is transforming the way people use data to solve problems and making it easier for every business to visualize, automate, explore, and act on data from any source,” said Francois Ajenstat, Chief Product Officer at Tableau.
Customer success in action: Organizations leveraged Tableau to help drive their data culture:
- Arkos Health serves health plans, provider organizations, and most importantly, patients, by bringing value-based care to fee-for-service networks, addressing the needs of underserved and underseen populations. The Arkos platform drives health innovation through actionable insights informed by a proprietary data aggregation framework combined with clinical programs and social services used to achieve key outcomes of cost, quality, access, satisfaction, and patient equity imperatives.
- John Lewis Partnership, the UK’s largest employee-owned business, needed to invest in a data platform to maximize data usage and make smarter, more informed business decisions. With Tableau, they will be able to quickly interpret their data and have wider transparency across the organization around how to create business value out of that information.
- VillageMD works to improve the quality of healthcare and deliver a first-rate patient experience while lowering costs in the communities they serve. Leveraging one unified platform, Salesforce’s Customer 360 and Tableau enables VillageMD to intelligently manage provider availability, cost transparency, scheduling, and individualized communication that drives more intuitive and connected care.
At Arkos Health, we prioritize the health and well-being of the communities we serve by engaging individuals in clinical programs and social services specific to their unique needs. Through our proprietary data aggregation framework, we bring together numerous disparate sources and apply Tableau’s powerful analytics to organize and visualize key information. Equipped with these actionable insights, the Arkos care team effectively serves wide-ranging geographies and populations, while addressing the broad needs of our health plan partners.Jeff Singman, Executive Vice President of Technology, Arkos Health
- Tableau is critical to helping organizations make better decisions by unlocking and surfacing insights with the vast amount of data they have. This data is often siloed, disjointed, and difficult to manage. With Tableau, every company can get actionable insights to drive their business forward, helping save money and be more efficient.
- With Data Cloud for Tableau, organizations can natively view and explore all of their customer data directly in Tableau, allowing them to connect to trusted, unified customer data, instantly analyze with the click of a button, take action with AI-powered insights in the flow of work, and potentially cut costs by consolidating data warehouse investments.
Fast facts: Organizations around the world recognize the need to invest in analytics:
- The majority (72%) of UK business leaders and 80% globally say data is critical in decision-making.
- Most (71%) of UK business leaders also agree that data helps reduce uncertainty and make more accurate decisions in business conversations.
- Data Cloud and Tableau process more than 100 billion customer records on average each day.
1Source: IDC Worldwide Semiannual Software Tracker. Forecast, November 2022.