Salesforce’s New Tableau Capabilities Improve the Flow of Work and Drive Personalized User Experiences
- New Tableau features unlock powerful insights that, automate workflows, and lead to better decision-making
- This update follows Salesforce’s recent announcement of Einstein GPT, which powers Data Cloud and Tableau functionality, bringing data to life in more powerful ways
Tableau has launched new features that help customers make data-driven decisions more quickly and efficiently. The new release will further enable companies to put their data at the center of every business interaction, use natural language to add business context to dashboards, personalize access based on their security policies, and more. This follows Salesforce’s recent announcement of Einstein GPT, which powers Tableau functionality to empower anyone to ask questions of their data and get answers with generative AI.
Significance: 8 out of 10 business leaders agree that data is critical for decision-making — especially today. However, many still struggle with how to use it. In fact, 41% of business leaders report not understanding their data because it is too complex or not accessible enough.
While companies agree about the advantages of using data, there’s a clear disconnect from how they’re actually using it in practice.
- Tableau for Slack enhancements* will make it even easier to put data at the center of every conversation. Users can now share Tableau content in Slack with visualization previews, and easily search for and share in direct messages and channels.
- Data Mapping allows users to take an Accelerator, or ready-to-use dashboards available for many use cases across industries in Tableau Exchange, and reconfigure it to match any data source without the use of third-party applications, saving time and automating manual data entry.
- Data Stories for Tableau Server uses natural language to automatically create a fully customizable story in narrative form, adding context that helps any business user – not just data analysts – easily make sense of the insights.
- User Attribute Functions personalizes embedded workflows for each user by displaying only the most relevant insights, streamlining experiences by managing data access and enforcing security policies based on attributes like role, department, and location.
- Sales managers now view their team’s Q4 sales numbers in Tableau and, using a link, share data visualizations directly within their team’s Slack channels. Team members can then see and discuss a preview of the visualization in Slack, increasing efficiency and streamlining communication.
- Customer success managers now pull insights from external applications into Tableau’s “Sales & Margin” Accelerator to monitor and improve KPIs like financial results, lifetime value, and churn rates — without ever leaving Tableau Desktop.
- “Business leaders understand that data and analytics are critical to their organizations’ success, but many don’t fully understand how to use it to make decisions. There is a huge opportunity for businesses to better integrate data into everything they’re doing,” said Francois Ajenstat, Chief Product Officer at Tableau. “We are committed to continuously delivering capabilities inspired directly by the Tableau Community, and with these new innovations, businesses are able to make data-driven decisions that will drive continued growth and efficiency.”
We are committed to continuously delivering capabilities inspired directly by the Tableau Community, and with these new innovations, businesses are able to make data-driven decisions that will drive continued growth and efficiencyFrancois Ajenstat, Chief Product Officer at Tableau
- Watch how Tableau is integrated with Einstein GPT and Data Cloud here.
- Learn how global businesses are using Tableau to transform their data culture.
- Register for Tableau Conference in person or virtually here.
*Tableau for Slack enhancements is coming soon.Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.