Salesforce.com Kicks Off Dreamforce 2011 – Now the Largest Conference in the Enterprise Software Industry
Record in-person attendance expected with nearly 45,000 people registered, up approximately 50% year-over-year
More than 35,000 expected to view Salesforce Live video broadcast
Nearly 1,500 C-level executives slated to attend and more than 50 companies bringing
more than 20 delegates
Event more global than ever with attendees from more than 60 countries
Total number of leading cloud computing companies in Dreamforce Expo expands to 300, including Accenture as Diamond sponsor
Social media conversations up 75% year-over-year
SAN FRANCISCO -- DREAMFORCE 2011 – Aug. 31, 2011 - Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today kicked off Dreamforce 2011 at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. In its ninth year, Dreamforce 2011 (http://www.dreamforce.com/) has become not only the world’s largest cloud computing event, but is now the world’s largest enterprise software conference. With nearly 500 sessions and 300 cloud computing companies in the expo, Dreamforce offers the content and educational opportunities that enable attendees to tap into the power of the social enterprise.
Comments on the News:
• “It’s truly amazing that in less than a decade Dreamforce has grown to be the largest conference in the enterprise software industry,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com.
Registration for Dreamforce 2011 Skyrockets
With nearly 45,000 people registered to attend in person and an additional 35,000 expected to join online via Salesforce Live, Dreamforce has grown at an unprecedented pace. In-person registration for Dreamforce 2011 is up approximately 50 percent year-over-year, making it the must-attend conference for anyone interested in learning more about the future of enterprise software. Today, in front of a record audience, salesforce.com will demonstrate how the social enterprise will transform how companies can delight their customers through new social and mobile innovations across the Salesforce apps and platform.
Increasing Number of Senior Executives and Large Delegations
As the number of attendees for Dreamforce has increased, so has the number of companies and executives that consider it among the most strategic and critical events to attend each year. Dreamforce is the premier conference for networking with the most innovative companies in the world exchanging best practices on cloud computing deployments, and learning how next-generation social and mobile technologies will help companies grow. This year, nearly 1,500 C-level executives have registered to attend Dreamforce. Executives come to Dreamforce to hear a visionary approach to computing that will help them stay relevant and differentiate themselves with customers. In addition, more than 50 companies are sending 20-plus delegates to Dreamforce, ranging from sales, marketing and customer service to human resources and IT. With salesforce.com’s innovative solutions and expanding ecosystem of partners, the power of Dreamforce is relevant to employees across the entire enterprise.
Partner Ecosystem Embraces Dreamforce
Dreamforce features the largest gathering of leading cloud computing companies under one roof with more than 300 exhibitors in the Cloud Expo. Dreamforce sponsorships were up 36 percent this year, and were completely sold out five weeks before the show began. The partner ecosystem at Dreamforce includes Diamond sponsor Accenture and Titanium sponsors Bluewolf, Deloitte, Eloqua and Marketo. Platinum sponsors at Dreamforce include Astadia, BMC Software, Dell, HubSpot, Model Metrics, Pardot, Silverpop and Wipro Technologies.
Now Everyone Can Experience the Power of Dreamforce
Across social media channels, buzz for Dreamforce is up 75 percent year-over-year. Today, salesforce.com invites everyone that would like to experience the excitement of Dreamforce to take advantage of the free keynote and expo pass, and live streaming of the event from Salesforce Live on Facebook.
The free Dreamforce keynote and expo pass provides access to:
• Both salesforce.com keynotes, which take place on Wednesday, Aug. 31 from 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. and Thursday, Sept. 1 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
• A general session featuring Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Google, on Thursday, Sept. 1 from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
• A government roundtable on innovation-led public sector change, with Kazuhiro Haraguchi, Japan’s House of Representatives Chairman of the Committee on Internal Affairs and Communications; Neelie Kroes, European Commissioner for Digital Agenda and former U.S. CIO Vivek Kundra as panelists on Wednesday, Aug. 31 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Healthcare sessions in the Unusual Thinkers: The UCSF Track on Thursday, Sept. 1 from 11:45 a.m. – 3:40 p.m., featuring UCSF Chancellor Susan Desmond-Hellmann and Mark Laret, CEO of UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital.
• The Cloud Expo featuring 300 leading exhibitors and partners.
Those who cannot attend Dreamforce in-person can watch all the action from Salesforce Live on Facebook. Salesforce Live on Facebook will stream every keynote, select special sessions and interviews with industry luminaries. Anyone can join the conversation by commenting on the Facebook feed. Experience Dreamforce wherever you are by visiting www.facebook.com/salesforce.
Select Dreamforce sessions with salesforce.com executives will also be available via live streaming audiocast. A complete list of these sessions can be accessed through the company's Investor Relations Web site at www.salesforce.com/investor.
• Register for Dreamforce, including the free keynote and expo pass, at http://www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/
• Become a fan of Dreamforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dreamforce
• Follow @dreamforce on Twitter and use the #df11 hashtag to join the conversation
• To watch the Dreamforce keynotes live, go to http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
• For more details on the news, please visit blogs.salesforce.com
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.