At World Tour Washington, D.C., Salesforce announced general availability of Business Rules Engine, a no-code rules automation tool that enables public servants to build, test, and automate complex policy-based rules with just a few clicks.
This lets governments set up speedy automations that perform complex calculations — for example, determining if constituents qualify for food assistance or if a service member is eligible for a reenlistment bonus.
Why it’s important: According to a recent survey, government CIOs cited low code and no code as the top emerging IT trends with expected impact on their agencies over the next few years. Many CIOs initially tested these tools over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic to quickly launch solutions for housing assistance, unemployment programs, and scheduling COVID-19 tests.
Rather than waiting on limited IT teams to make program updates, public sector organizations were able to respond faster to changing mission needs.
The Salesforce perspective: “No-code digital tools deliver tremendous value to the public sector by empowering their employees, regardless of technical expertise, to build and evolve the digital solutions they need to effectively serve their constituents,” said Nasi Jazayeri, EVP and GM of Public Sector, Salesforce. “As agencies face new crises and shifting legislative policies, Salesforce’s Business Rules Engine ensures that there is no delay in carrying out their missions and delivering benefits to qualified applicants.”
Driving the news: Business Rules Engine empowers business users, regardless of their technical expertise, to update the digital tools and rules they use to carry out policies. Many government programs can be quite complex, making eligibility decisions and explaining those decisions to constituents difficult. Licensing and permitting, HR processes like personnel action requests, and grant programs such as unemployment assistance, SNAP, and Medicaid, all require complex decision logic.
By dragging and dropping formulas or reusing templates, users can quickly launch new programs that automate decisions while being able to easily modify them in concert with changing mission needs.
Salesforce’s Business Rules Engine value to the public sector includes:
- No-code, flexible platform for faster service: Business users can build, test, and execute rules within Salesforce with just a few clicks, while also taking advantage of templates to quickly launch application portals that automatically process applications against thousands of rules.
- Faster resolution for constituents: Rather than submitting an application into a queue for manual review, constituents are able to input their personal information into a form that updates dynamically, and then quickly receive an answer on whether they qualify for certain benefits, such as unemployment insurance or housing assistance. Applications are then automatically passed along to a case worker for final approval, ensuring minimal delay in benefits being distributed.
What’s next: Salesforce will be rolling out Business Rules Engine to other industries to help automate policy decisions in the second quarter.
- Go here to learn more about Salesforce for the Public Sector.
- Visit this page to learn more about digital tools for the Public Sector.
- Watch the Public Sector keynote at World Tour Washington, D.C., here.
- Business Rules Engine is generally available for SFDC public sector customers with the purchase of a license of Public Sector Foundation or Public Sector Foundation – Advanced.