Make Sure You Attend These Agenda Highlights at Dreamforce ’19
Here are the DF19 must see session picks — from 2700+ breakout sessions, keynotes, volunteer events, parties, and more.
Here are our must-see agenda highlights.
Now in its 17th year, Dreamforce has evolved from a tech conference into an immersive experience that illustrates how business can be a platform for change. Choosing from over 2700 possible events, not to mention unofficial side-bar events and parties, can be daunting as you decide what deserves your attention over these four jam-packed days.
Wherever else you plan for the week, we recommend you bookmark and attend these events:
Tuesday, November 19
1. Opening Keynote with Marc Benioff and Keith Block, Co-CEOs of Salesforce and Special Guests — Moscone North
Join Salesforce Co-CEOs, Marc Benioff and Keith Block, and Trailblazers like State Farm Insurance Chief Digital Officer Fawad Ahmad as they consider how companies are held to a new level of trust, customer success, innovation, and equality. And, why this new revolution in business is necessary to transform industries, drive exceptional customer experiences, and enact societal change.
2. Fireside Chat: Salesforce Co-CEO Marc Benioff and Apple CEO Tim Cook — YBCA Keynote Stage
Sit down for a fireside chat between Salesforce Co-CEO Marc Benioff and Apple CEO Tim Cook. Learn how the different ways Salesforce and Apple ignite productivity and learning on the best devices for business and discuss business as a platform for change.
3. Building Ethical AI That Scales with Your Business — Moscone West
Ethics is quickly becoming a buzz word — whether it is around the use of technology or developing AI solutions. However, the question remains: what concrete steps can organizations take in implementing these ideas into action? This panel with Salesforce’s Kathy Baxter, World Economic Forum’s Kay Firth-Butterfield, and Socos Labs’ Dr. Vivienne Ming delves into practical ways that organizations can bake ethics into their AI practice.
Wednesday, November 20
1. Fireside Chat: Arianna Huffington and Marc Benioff — YBCA Keynote Stage
Join returning Dreamforce speaker Arianna Huffington, who said in a TEDWomen 2010 talk that today’s women need to address their sleep deprivation to be good leaders. As the founder of The Huffington Post, founder and CEO of Thrive Global, and author of 15 books, she’ll share humorous insights on health and leadership with Marc Benioff.
2. The Path to Gender Equality: Gretchen Carlson and Ellen McGirt in Conversation — Moscone West
As part of the collective impact of our Dreamforce community’s ability to help tackle the world’s most pressing challenges, Salesforce is focused on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and why they’re so important. This timely conversation between journalists Gretchen Carlson and Ellen McGirt tackles the global gender gap and equality in the #MeToo Era.
3. Fleetwood Mac at Dreamfest — Oracle Park
Join fellow Dreamforce attendees to watch and dance to legendary Grammy Award-winning, Hall of Fame inductees, Fleetwood Mac at the Chase Center. Dress warmly and don’t forget your official Dreamforce badge — it’s your ticket in, but leave your backpack at home, you can’t bring it along. And remember, as you have fun, the evening’s receipts will benefit the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.
Thursday, November 21
1. A Conversation with President Barack Obama — Moscone
Join President Barack Obama in conversation with Salesforce Chairman and Co-CEO Marc Benioff.
2. Food Systems and Climate Justice — Moscone West
Food is more than just the plate in front of us. Despite the amount of time, energy, and resources spent on agriculture, food processing, and shipping, there is still a growing amount of food waste and global hunger. Join Cookbook Author and Host of Netflix Series Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat Samin Nosrat, Head of Media and Research at AgFunder Louisa Burwood-Taylor, and Chef and Activist Dominique Crenn for a conversation on more sustainable and equitable food systems.
3. From Athlete to Advocate with World Champions Megan Rapinoe and Ibtihaj Muhammad — YBCA Keynote Stage
Athletes are some of today’s biggest equality champions. They are changing what the world believes is possible by using their platforms to stand up for equality. Hear from Megan Rapinoe, the U.S. women’s soccer team captain, on using the victory seen around the world to raise awareness around equal pay. Get to Yerba Buena 10-15 minutes early to reserve your seat.
Friday, November 22
1. Brain Health and Resilience: Deepak Chopra, Emilia Clarke, and Bennet Omalu — YBCA, Yerba Buena Forum
Actor and philanthropist Emilia Clarke shares her story of brain injury, resilience, and the importance of recovery with the forensic pathologist and neuropathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu. Then join a discussion of limitless possibilities as we explore the untapped potential of the brain with author and alternative medicine advocate Deepak Chopra.
2. Film Screening: A Cloud Never Dies. Q&A with Monks and Nuns of Plum Village — Moscone South
Discover how mindfulness can be a powerful force for compassion and action in the world. This 30-minute documentary reveals the making of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. Due to the monks’ mindfulness practices, entry will not be allowed once the session begins — arrive early!
3. Campground, Trailblazer Theatre, and Dreamforest
If you haven’t spent time wandering around the Campground to visit the exhibits or spent time soaking in the Trailblazer Theatre and Dreamforest, this is the day!
Can’t join the events in person? Follow along online:
- Stream keynotes on Salesforce Live
- Visit the Salesforce Blog and Salesforce Newsroom for the latest updates and news
- Follow Salesforce Social for real-time updates:
- Twitter: @Dreamforce, @Salesforce
- Facebook: Dreamforce and Salesforce pages
- Instagram: @Dreamforce, @Salesforce
Find descriptions of all Dreamforce ‘19 sessions here and you can still register for an Expo+ pass.