Salesforce.com Announces Dreamforce 2011, the Cloud Computing Event of the Year
Welcome to the Social Enterprise
Social networking thought leader, Google, to join salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff on stage
New special sessions on the business of social, public-sector change, and healthcare available to the more than 30,000 expected attendees
Special guests Metallica and will.i.am to perform at ninth annual user and developer conference
SAN FRANCISCO – August 2, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced further details of Dreamforce 2011, the cloud computing event of the year. Dreamforce 2011 will be held Aug. 30 – Sept. 2 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. Registration is live at http://www.dreamforce.com.
Comments on the News:
• “Each year at Dreamforce we set the agenda for the cloud computing industry, and this year will be no exception,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “At Dreamforce 2011, we will showcase customers that have embraced innovation and transformed themselves into social enterprises.”
Welcome to the Social Enterprise
As we enter the post-PC revolution, companies are improving the way they collaborate, communicate and share information with customers and employees in the cloud - transforming themselves into social enterprises. Social enterprises build social profiles of customers, create internal social networks and listen to and engage with customers over the Internet. Dreamforce offers the content and educational opportunities that will enable attendees to transform their companies into social enterprises.
Dreamforce Expands with Special Guests, Sessions on Government, Healthcare and Social
• Industry thought leaders such as Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Google, and others will join salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff on stage at the annual user and developer conference.
• Benioff will lead Vision for the Future; A Digital Agenda, a special session on innovation-led, public-sector change, with Japan’s House of Representatives Chairman of the Committee on Internal Affairs and Communications Kazuhiro Haraguchi; European Commissioner for Digital Agenda Neelie Kroes and U.S. CIO Vivek Kundra as panelist on Wednesday, Aug. 31 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Social networking thought leaders Loic LeMeur, founder and CEO of Seesmic; Jeremiah Owyang, partner at Altimeter Group; Gary Vaynerchuk, co-founder of VaynerMedia, and more will kick-off the discussion of the business of social in the Social Roadmap on Wednesday, Aug. 31 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
• Susan Desmond-Hellmann, Chancellor of UCSF and Mark Laret, CEO of UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, along with members of the UCSF faculty will lead healthcare sessions in the Unusual Thinkers: The UCSF Track on Thursday, Sept. 1 from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Dreamforce: the Industry’s Leading Cloud Computing Event
The world’s largest cloud computing industry event, Dreamforce 2011, invites attendees to learn how technology can impact their businesses and industries through social, mobile and open cloud computing. Attendees can learn how their entire company can take advantage of the portfolio of salesforce.com’s cloud offerings, including Salesforce Chatter, Force.com, Heroku, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6 and much more.
• More than 30,000 Dreamforce attendees are expected to take advantage of the 450 sessions featuring 700 expert users from leading customer and partner companies and the more than 275 cloud leader exhibitors.
• Salesforce.com is excited to welcome extra special guests, Metallica to perform at the Dreamforce 2011 gala followed by an after party with will.i.am.
• The Salesforce.com Foundation is thrilled to announce the second Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital at Davies Symphony Hall. The benefit concert will feature special guests Jay Leno, Alanis Morissette and will.i.am spinning at the after party. To purchase tickets or for more information, please visit http://www.theconcertforucsfbch.com/.
• Conference registration is now open at http://www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/
• Become a fan of Dreamforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dreamforce
• Follow @dreamforce on Twitter
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.