Starting and growing a business can be equal parts exhilarating and stressful. On the one hand, there is no feeling like being your own boss, but on the other, there is no bigger stresser than knowing that failure has a considerable personal cost.
In order to give you a hand in this journey, three successful entrepreneurs agreed to share their advice for boosting small business growth and measuring success. All three of them have been through the thrill of founding a new company from the ground up and are constantly challenged to innovate in order to succeed.
Download the Secrets to Business Growth: Advice from 3 Successful Entrepreneurs eBook to read their stories and insights:
Or here is a sneak peek into some of small business advice they shared:
- Surround yourself with a great team: Hiring the right people and creating a great company culture is essential if you want your business to succeed. Team members who believe in your values are more likely to go out of their way to provide better experience for your customers and generate more value for the company. Always nurture and build up team members that are not top-notch, but have potential. Fire fast the ones that are dragging the company down.
- Choose the right technology to power your business: Picking the right software to power your business is essential for your company’s productivity. The right tools can automate the best behaviors of your employees and make their work more transparent and efficient. Specific technology ideas can be found in the ebook!
- Location, location, location: When growing your company think twice about its location. Make sure that you plant roots in a place that has top-notch talent in your field and well as a lot of potential customers. If that’s not the case, it’s never too late to move.
- Market your company in low-cost and creative ways: As a small business or a start-up, you often don’t have a marketing and advertising budget. Get creative! Formulate your brand story and get news publications and blogs to share it for you. Always keep an eye out for events and trade shows where you can speak and get exposure,
- Hire amazing sales leaders: Sales leaders are essential for any company, because they are compensated based on how their sales quotas impact the business. They have obvious motivation to sell more and boost your business, so the better sales leaders you get, the better off you will be.