6 Account Executive Interview Questions I Ask Every Time
See how a chronological interview approach helps you find top account executives.
1. Can you describe to me your current/former role, your responsibilities, and how success is/was measured?
2. What is your proudest accomplishment?
3. Knowing what you know now, walk me through what you would do differently to drive even more success?
4. If I were to call your current/former VP, how would he or she describe what you’re doing well and the areas that you’re improving?
5. Let’s turn this around: Thinking about your current/former VP, what do you appreciate about his or her leadership style? What do they do well and what would you prefer that they do differently?
6. What inspired you to move to the next opportunity?
“It’s critical to order your executive interview questions in a way that lets the candidate walk through their relevant work experience chronologically — it’s the best way to surface and understand themes across their various opportunities.”