“Are you going to Dreamforce?” “Who do you think will be playing at Dreamforce?” “At the next Dreamforce, I’m going to …”
The buzz online and within our community has started, and you might be wondering what it’s all about. If you’re new to Salesforce and what we do, you may not know about Dreamforce. For some Trailblazers — our community of customers, partners, and employees — it’s the highlight of the year. So, here’s your guide to what Dreamforce is and why you might want to attend.
What is Dreamforce?
Dreamforce is an annual four-day event that brings together the entire Salesforce community. It’s an experience that celebrates Trailblazers and customer success. Dreamforce is where Trailblazers from all over the world gather to share their stories, their successes, and learn from each other.
Started in 2003, Dreamforce has grown into more than a conference — it’s an experience like no other. From inspiring keynotes and sessions to visionary thinking to discovering the future of technology to actually changing the world, it’s an empowering four days. During the event, attendees can expect to
- Learn more. Transform your career with knowledge from 2,700+ breakout sessions, take part in training and certification opportunities, see hands-on demos, and meet hundreds of partners with solutions to help you grow.
- Be inspired. Every year, the world’s most innovative minds come to Dreamforce to inspire, excite, and motivate attendees.
- Give back. Attendees have the opportunity to make the world a more equal place by getting hands-on with volunteering. In the past, we’ve supported organizations like Girl Scouts of America, (RED), and many more.
- Have fun. It’s a party when Trailblazers get together and Dreamforce is the biggest one of all. From impromptu dance parties, selfies with friends, and a little karaoke, Dreamforce becomes a celebration of all things Trailblazer.
When is Dreamforce?
Generally, Dreamforce takes place during the fall season; usually during September through November. This year, Dreamforce is from November 19-22, 2019.
Where is Dreamforce held?
Dreamforce takes place in San Francisco, California at multiple venues. This includes Moscone Center, Salesforce Tower, Marriott Marquis, InterContinental, Palace Hotel, Hilton Union Square, Park Central, Hotel Nikko, City View at Metreon, Westin St. Francis, and more.
Who goes to Dreamforce?
Lots of people! Last year, Dreamforce hosted more than 170,000 registered attendees from all over the world, across every industry, and line of business. Unlike TrailheaDX which slants towards Admins, Developers, and Architects, and Connections which attracts marketing, customer service, and commerce professionals, Dreamforce is for all Trailblazers. Whether you’re a company of five or a Fortune 500, there’s going to be something to take away by attending Dreamforce.
And while there is a large on-the-ground contingent of attendees, there are even more catching the action online. Over 13 million viewers tune in live to the event via Salesforce Live or Twitter.
How much does Dreamforce cost?
The short answer: it depends. As our marquee event of the year and one of the largest tech events in the world, Dreamforce is a hot ticket. The registration fee depends on how early you register for Dreamforce — the earlier, the better. The current Full Conference pass price ranges from $1,599-2,299. You can register here. There’s also an opportunity to snag a free expo pass – stay tuned for when those registrations go live.
What happens at Dreamforce?
The four days of Dreamforce are never dull. Discover new products and get hands-on with the technology of tomorrow. Attend sessions, workshops, and keynotes, plus hear insights from the experts. Take your certification tests, grow your career, and meet fellow Trailblazers. Here’s what goes on:
Learning at Dreamforce
At its core, Dreamforce is a learning experience. With over 2,700 breakout sessions, training and certification opportunities, hands-on demos, and hundreds of partners and solutions, there’s so much to learn. Every day is jam-packed with new information. The trick is to whittle down and curate your experience to maximize your time and not feel overloaded.
Here are a few of the key locations on the Dreamforce campus packed with content:
- Keynote and breakout sessions. Get inspired by the leaders looking into the future and hear how they use technology to reach and engage their customers like never before.
- Trailhead Zone. Meet Community Leaders, explore demos to learn about the latest Salesforce technologies, talk with product experts, and discover how Trailhead helps you learn new skills.
- Customer Success Expo and Campground. Meet Salesforce product experts, test drive thousands of customer success solutions, get immersed in industry experiences, and get to know hundreds of partners offering innovative ways to help you transform business, all in one location. You’ll also get up close with Salesforce products at demo stations, theater presentations, and hands-on workshops.
Get inspired at Dreamforce
Dreamforce has hosted thought leaders, industry pioneers, and notable luminaries who’ve shared their perspectives on a wide variety of topics. From former Vice President Al Gore talking about the climate crisis, to Tristan Harris advising on ethics in artificial intelligence, to actor Tracee Ellis Ross and Olympian Adam Rippon discussing equality and paving the way forward in their respective field, there’s always an interesting discussion going on. (And that was only a few of the speakers from 2018!)
Beyond keynotes and on-stage discussions, our Trailblazers gain inspiration from all the other things going on at the event. Many Trailblazers add new certifications to their resumes, and gain new skills by using Trailhead, our interactive learning tool that helps you learn Salesforce. They also learn about new tools, technologies, tips, and tricks that help their companies become more customer-centric. Attendees are also inspired by seeing the impact they can make in the four short days of the event.
Give back at Dreamforce
Giving back is a part of Salesforce’s DNA. We believe amazing things happen when we work together to help others. As the old proverb goes, “many hands make light work” — and there are thousands of them at Dreamforce. Each year we partner with different nonprofits to bring attendees daily hands-on opportunities and activities to make an impact in our community and help the people who need it most. It could be stuffing backpacks with school supplies for local school kids, participating in a book drive, packing kits for natural disaster victims, or volunteering time to help young adults build their professional networks.
A few of the organizations Trailblazers have supported are: UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals, (RED), Girl Scouts of the USA, Children of Shelters, Bay Area Workforce Development, Larkin Street Youth Services, Hamilton Families, Oakland and San Francisco Unified School Districts.
Have fun at Dreamforce
Trailblazers are a fun-loving, passionate, and chatty group. When you gather them together, it’s like a big family reunion or a jamboree. In between the sessions, keynotes, and giving back, there’s a lot of fun going on. Friends — both online and in real life — econnect, take selfies with Astro and the gang, and explore San Francisco. There’s also a lot of networking opportunities, from the numerous power breakfasts and lunches to cocktails and meetups at local watering holes. And after a long day of learning, there’s nothing like getting your dance on at one of the numerous parties and events, capped off with the ultimate party: Dreamfest.
What is Dreamfest?
Dreamfest is one of the most fun and inspiring nights at Dreamforce. Part party, part music festival, and part fundraiser benefit, Dreamfest is where attendees can gather to rock out and dance the night away. This special treat for Trailblazers benefits the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals. To date, together we’ve raised $73 million to support our communities.
Past performers include world-renowned artists and Grammy-award winning musicians like Metallica, U2, Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, Lenny Kravitz, Lucas Nelson, Bruno Mars, Gary Clark Jr., Foo Fighters, Green Day, Blondie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and more.
Where can I learn more about Dreamforce?
There are lots of resources for Dreamforce planning and news.
- Dreamforce website. Your official home for all things Dreamforce. You’ll find schedules, speakers, and logistical information here.
- The Road to Dreamforce. Our own live-streamed web series designed to help you get the most of your time at Dreamforce. Episodes will discuss sessions, take you behind the scenes, give you up-to-date info, provide top tips for newcomers, and much more.
- Salesforce blog. Get expert tips, the latest news, and previews of what’s to come at the event.
- Twitter. Connect with fellow Trailblazers and join the conversation. Get on-the-ground coverage of the event when you follow @Dreamforce, and news and insights from @Salesforce. And don’t forget to follow and use the hashtag #DF19.