The buzz has started and you might be wondering – what is Dreamforce? If you’re new to Salesforce and what we do, you may not know about Dreamforce, our annual event that combines community and customer success. For some Trailblazers — our community of customers, partners, and employees — it’s the highlight of the year. And now, with Dreamforce globally broadcast on Salesforce+, our new streaming service, it’s easier than ever to attend from anywhere.
Here’s your guide to what Dreamforce is, and why you might want to join us.
What is Dreamforce?
Dreamforce is an annual event that brings together the global Salesforce community for learning, fun, community building, and philanthropy. It’s an experience that celebrates Trailblazers and customer success. Dreamforce is where Trailblazers from all over the world gather to share their stories, their successes, and learn from each other.
Started in 2003, Dreamforce has grown into far more than just a conference — it’s an experience like no other. From inspiring keynotes and sessions, to visionary thinking and the future of technology, to actually changing the world, it’s an empowering and inspirational gathering. Attendees can expect to:
- Learn. Transform your career with breakout sessions, training, and certification opportunities. Participate in demos of technology on the edge. Meet new partners with solutions to help your organization grow.
- Get inspired. Every year, the world’s most innovative minds come to Dreamforce to inspire, excite, and motivate attendees.
- Give back. Attendees help build diversity, inclusion, equality, and sustainability with action and volunteerism. Past organizations we’ve supported include Girl Scouts of America, (RED), and many more.
- Have fun. When Trailblazers get together, it’s a party. And Dreamforce is the biggest one of all. Dreamforce is a celebration of the community.
When and where is Dreamforce?
Dreamforce ‘21 takes place September 21-23 and it will be brought to you live via Salesforce+, our new, free streaming service.
In years past, you had to be in San Francisco to experience the event. But now, for the first time ever, we’re able to bring Dreamforce to everybody safely and without barriers – wherever they are, on the channel that’s right for them.
Who goes to Dreamforce?
Lots of people! Previous years have hosted more than 170,000 registered attendees from all over the world, across every industry, and every line of business. And this year for the first time, anyone can register to attend via Salesforce+ for free. Sign up for our just-launched streaming service and it’s your ticket to attend Dreamforce from anywhere.
We host many other events throughout the year, including TrailheaDX which slants toward Salesforce administrators, developers, and architects, and Connections which attracts marketing, customer service, and commerce professionals. But Dreamforce is the largest of them all, and the gathering place for all Trailblazers everywhere. Whether you’re a company of five or a Fortune 500, there’s something to take away from Dreamforce.
What happens at Dreamforce? What can you expect?
Dreamforce is exciting! Discover new products and emerging technology. Attend sessions, workshops, and keynotes, and get inspired by expert insight and research. Take your Salesforce certification exams, grow your career, and meet fellow Trailblazers.
Here’s what you can expect from Dreamforce:
Learning at Dreamforce
At its core, Dreamforce is a learning experience. This year’s event includes four broadcast channels with more than 100 hours of innovative and inspiring content, including:
- Prime Time Channel: Salesforce CEO and co-founder Marc Benioff, Salesforce executives, global leaders, and changemakers deliver the best of Dreamforce. Tune in for the latest news and announcements from Salesforce, plus inspiring stories of customer success and transformation.
- Trailblazer Channel: Learn from fellow Trailblazers — pioneers, innovators, and life-long learners — and discover how to use Salesforce to build a successful career, company, and community. Find Customer 360 product innovations, and a sneak peak at the Salesforce product roadmap.
- Customer 360 Channel: Take notes on success stories from the Trailblazers who’ve lived them. See behind-the-scenes highlights of innovation from Salesforce creators.
- Industries Channel: Find inspiration from stories of industry innovators driving growth and reimagining their sector in an all-digital, work-anywhere world.
Inspiration at Dreamforce
Dreamforce always hosts thought leaders, industry pioneers, and notable luminaries who share their perspectives and expertise. Past guests include former Vice President Al Gore talking about the climate crisis, and Tristan Harris from the Center for Humane Technology advising on ethics in artificial intelligence. We’ve been joined before by actor Tracee Ellis Ross and Olympian Adam Rippon discussing equality and paving the way in their respective fields. There’s always provocative discussions with social, economic, and environmental impact.
Beyond keynotes and discussions, many Trailblazers take inspiration for their own career path by adding new certifications or gaining new skills on Trailhead, our free online learning platform. They also learn about new tools, technologies, tips, and tricks that help their companies become more customer-centric. Attendees catch a glimpse of the impact they can make in their careers, in their organizations, in their communities, and around the world.
Sustainability and philanthropy at Dreamforce
Salesforce is built on Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. And we are committed to building a more sustainable future. We believe amazing things happen when we work together to help others. Each year at Dreamforce we partner with nonprofits to bring attendees opportunities and activities that make an impact in our community and help the people who need it most.
A few organizations Trailblazers have supported in the past include UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals, (RED), Girl Scouts, Children of Shelters, Bay Area Workforce Development, Larkin Street Youth Services, Hamilton Families, Oakland Unified School District, and San Francisco Unified School District.
Have a ton of fun and build community at Dreamforce
Trailblazers are a fun-loving and chatty group. When they gather – virtually or in-person – it’s like a family reunion or a jamboree. In between the sessions, keynotes, and giving back, there’s a lot going on. Friends connect, have fun with Astro and the gang, and celebrate successes of all kinds.
Where can I learn more about Dreamforce?
As our marquee event of the year and one of the largest tech events in the world, Dreamforce is a hot ticket. For the first time ever, Dreamforce 2021 will be broadcast over Salesforce+, our free streaming video service. Register now for your (virtual) front-row seat.
Brigitte Donner originally authored this post. Karin Flores rewrote sections of the post based on changes we’ve made to Dreamforce.