What should I look for in a CRM solution?
Today’s customers are fast-moving, well-informed, and impatient. And with more information — and more options — at their fingertips, they’re going to be even tougher to please tomorrow. You may be asking yourself “What CRM should I use?” and “How do I keep up?” You’ll need a CRM system built to create relationships that last. To be successful, choose a solution with these features:
- Automation: Repetitive tasks are the enemy of growing businesses. Automation saves your teams from manual processes and improves productivity. Use the time saved to make personal connections with customers.
- Collaboration: To create a great customer experience, everyone who interacts with customers should work together from the same up-to-date information. Sharing data helps your team work more efficiently and provide the kind of experiences today’s customers expect.
- Intelligence: To be competitive in today's data-intensive world you need to learn from your interactions and data. A CRM tool with artificial intelligence will uncover insights, anticipate outcomes, and suggest best next steps with customers.
- Integration: Taking advantage of new business tools — such as marketing automation, accounting software, chat services, plus key social tools — and integrating them with your CRM system lets you follow people, information, and groups on social networks. It also lets you capture real-time data.
- Mobility: The modern field service or sales teams are no longer confined to their desks for 8 hours a day, so they need to be able to access everything they need to work on the road from their mobile devices.
- Customization: Every business runs differently, so a good CRM solution should be easily customizable and have an information hierarchy that puts what’s important up front and center. The best CRM platforms feature drag-and-drop customization capabilities, and deliver regular upgrades that won’t break those customizations.
- Cloud-based: Cloud-based solutions work on any internet-connected device with a browser. They are easy to implement CRM solutions, even without IT support. And since they don't require server maintenance or upgrades like on-premises CRMs, you can save money and more easily scale as your business grows.