Salesforce CRM provided flexible enterprise-class functionality needed to reach our goals. The Salesforce.com Consulting team partnered with us to institute major integrations, enable complex hierarchies, and provide invaluable support and insight for accelerated implementation of key capabilities.
Centralizing information on a global scale: Cisco deploys Salesforce CRM to 15,000 users with Siebel integration and Salesforce CRM Partners capabilities
- Cisco—the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate—sought a world-class CRM system to centralize data and enhance sales and account planning on a global scale.
- An existing CRM platform did not meet the company’s scalability and integration needs.
- With locations spanning seven continents, the system had to support multilingual and multi-currency requirements.
- Because partners play a role in its sales structure, pre-integrated Salesforce CRM Partners capabilities were key.
- Cisco selected Salesforce CRM Unlimited Edition for CRM—deploying the solution to 15,000 users from Indiana to India and Dubai to Dublin.
- Salesforce.com Consulting worked closely with Cisco to develop an enterprise business solution: new components were created to deal with complicated hierarchies and enable major integrations.
- Bi-directional integration between Siebel forecasting and Salesforce CRM using single sign-on creates a transparent experience; the company also integrates with its Siebel territory hierarchy and Microsoft Outlook.
- Cisco uses a portion of the Salesforce CRM Partners portal for lead and opportunity collaboration.
- Dashboards track metrics such as opportunities, lead conversion rates, number of account plans, and top accounts; individual users self-generate reports to help chart their own progress.
- Integration with a lead routing tool automates the process through Salesforce CRM.
- Cisco customized Salesforce CRM with two custom tabs: Forecasts and My Deal Manager.
- During each global workshop—meetings that access what capabilities will be needed in Salesforce CRM—users vie to add solutions from the AppExchange marketplace; so far, Cisco has installed WebEx, Factiva, and My Call Manager.
- Cisco successfully implemented Salesforce CRM to 15,000 users around the world with enterprise-class functionality; 10,000 more users are expected to use the application.
- Centralized information management helps the company maintain control over data in an environment where reps can be transitory.
- Account planning, which had previously been difficult to institute, is increasingly leveraged within Salesforce CRM.
- Through extensive integrations, the company will eventually phase out superfluous tools.
- PRM functionality boosts productivity by extending leads to partners and tracking the conversion to opportunity.
- Salesforce CRM and Force.com provide Cisco with a foundation to expand its capabilities as business needs and processes evolve.
North America (USA and Canada)