Your customer service agents are just as responsible for the integrity of your brand as your marketers, and just as critical to customer retention as your sales team. When your products aren’t operating as you planned and things really hit the fan, your support team is the first line of defense for detecting and resolving customer concerns.
Despite the direct impact support agents have on the success of your business, 92% of companies surveyed reported a decline in customer satisfaction; consumers were most disappointed by inconsistent service.
Have you made customer service a top priority at your company? If not, these stats will make you think twice:
- 42% of service agents are unable to efficiently resolve customer issues due to disconnected systems, archaic user interfaces, and multiple applications. (Forrester)
- 45% of US consumers will abandon an online transaction if their questions or concerns are not addressed quickly. (Forrester)
- It is 6-7 times more costly to attract a new customer than it is to retain an existing customer. (White House Office of Consumer Affairs)
- 89% of consumers have stopped doing business with a company after experiencing poor customer service. (RightNow Customer Experience Impact Report)
- Consumers are 2 times more likely to share their bad customer service experiences than they are to talk about positive experiences. (2012 Global Customer Service Barometer)
- 26% of consumers have experienced being transferred from agent to agent without any resolution of their problem. (2012 Global Customer Service Barometer)
- A customer is 4 times more likely to buy from a competitor if the problem is service related vs. price or product related. (Bain & Co.)
- 33% of consumers would recommend a brand that provides a quick but ineffective response. (Nielsen-McKinsey)
- 17% of consumers would recommend a brand that provides a slow but effective solution. (Nielsen-McKinsey)
- It takes 12 positive customer experiences to make up for one negative experience. (Parature)
- Consumers prefer assistance over the following channels: Phone (61%), email (60%), Live Chat (57%), online knowledge base (51%), “click-to-call” support automation (34%). (eConsultancy)
- 45% of companies offering web or mobile self-service reported an increase in site traffic and reduced phone inquiries. (CRM Magazine)
- 81% of companies motivate employees to treat customers fairly, and 65% provide effective tools and training to gain trust with their customers. (Peppers and Rogers Group)
- 70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated. (McKinsey)
- 55% of consumers would pay more for a better customer experience. (Defaqto Research)
- 83% of consumers require some degree of customer support while making an online purchase. (eConsultancy)
- Customer churn is attributed to the poor quality of customer service. (Accenture Maximizing Customer Retention Report)
- A 10% increase in customer retention levels result in a 30% increase in the value of the company. (Bain & Co)
For additional information on how to create simple intuitive agent interfaces, increase agent happiness and foster happy customer interactions, watch this presentation from Dreamforce ‘12: Happy Agents = Happy Customers.
Learn how Shoretel, leader in VoIP solutions, are offering a consistently superior customer experience by registering for the FREE upcoming webinar, "How a Unified Service and & Sales Platform Transformed Shoretel's Customer Engagement." The webinar takes place on Wednesday, August 14 at 10:00am PST/1pm EST. See you there!
Check out and share this presentation with all of the stats.
Learn more stats and how to create a better customer service process with our free ebook below.